PIP UPDATE ( FRIEND). — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP UPDATE ( FRIEND).

samfits99
samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
I recently posted a message on here over a week ago and just wanted to clarify it once again. 

So a friends claim was to run out the start of March 2021 but after calling PIP up as they got informed they should receive the award review form around September latest start of October, but have now says on the phone that he will not get a award review letter till June / July. some people on here couldn’t believe it. but it’s a fact ! as the adviser even said I will send you out a letter but just wait till June / July till you get your letter as it’s been extended, I couldn’t believe it so called up myself just to make random enquiries and they said it’s true some claims won’t get a award review till May June ect ect ..... I also couldn’t believe it as it didn’t seem right , but it’s true. not saying that it will happen to everyone if there claim is rubbing out in March 2021, but she also stated before the conversation ended it all depends on the customers needs / vulnerabilities ect ect ..,. She said not all claimants will get it. I no i didn’t ! but yes rant over. 

Comments

• richardg
    richardg Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
    hi it is true my claim was due to run out in June but has been extended till the end of Dec 2021
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    richardg said:
    hi it is true my claim was due to run out in June but has been extended till the end of Dec 2021

Claims that were ending or ending soon have been extended by at least 6 months. For confirmation of when your award is due to end now you'll need to ring DWP to ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    Anything the DWP do will either apply to everybody or nobody, it won't depend on "needs or vuneralbilites", it is also true that the DWP phone jockeys don't know everything, some know almost nothing.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    Both myself and my daughter claim PIP. My award was supposed to end October 2019, they then extended my award to April 2021.

My daughters was due to end Feb 2021 but up until today i hadn't heard anything and was expecting a review form anytime now. (i'm her appointee.)

Today in the post was 2 brown envelopes... that moment of dread! My PIP has been extended to January 2022 and my daughters to November 2021. No reviews took place for either award. I'm very happy that i don't have to bother with either award this year!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Yay @poppy123456! That must be a weight off of your mind. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    My pip is due to run out in March 2021 and my pension starts exactly the same date, do you think mine will be extended? @poppy123456? I haven’t had any letter about it.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• poppy123456
    edited October 2020
    leeCal said:
    My pip is due to run out in March 2021 and my pension starts exactly the same date, do you think mine will be extended? @poppy123456? I haven’t had any letter about it.

I really have no idea. You could ring them to ask. These letters today came as a huge surprise, i definitely wasn't expecting them. The letter i received says "we may look at some awards later than we originally planned"
  • poppy123456
    Yay @poppy123456! That must be a weight off of your mind. 

Thank you! Yes, huge weight! :)
  • samfits99
    samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
    @leeCal my friends was suppose to run out on the 5th March 2021. but he’s received a letter from PIP as he wanted proof of this for more piece of mind. and it came 3 days later saying his claim review is December 5th 2021. and said to him in July time you will get a award review letter. he’s made up!! as they have said to him you don’t need to do nothing now until next summer ?? gives him plenty of time to sort all his evidence out and go over his descriptors to see where he can gain more points if he feels like he should of got more first time around ect ect ?
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks @samfits99 I’ll give them a ring.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.