New — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New

stace85
stace85 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone, I'm new.
I'm a lucky  mummy of 2 boys one which has been diagnose with ASD and ADHD and my other son has suspected ADHD. 
I also epilepsy  myself which at the moment is not the best controlled. As you can  Imagine I'm very  tired and stressed all the time and just want someone to talk too that understands. Just how I feel.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome I can only imagine how hard things are for you no wonder you are tired and stressed 

Feel free to join in here I am sure you will meet others in your situation maybe in the parents and carers section 

I look forward to seeing you around 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @stace85

Good Afternoon it's great to meet you today. 

I am one of the Community Champions here at Scope. 

Yes please please come back to me if you need a Shoulder????

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Hi @stace85 - welcome to the community,  thank you for joining & sharing about your family. It's great to 'meet' you, & I hope you enjoy being part of this friendly & supportive group. :)
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    @stace85 hi, and welcome to scopes online community. I'm Tammy one of many of the volunteer community champions here on the site. It's great to see new names /people joining us here. This platform is great if you feel lonely, there's always a friendly person /team member and other people that come on the site that you can talk to and share your experiences with, and you may get to know others that are experiencing similar things and may be able to support one another.
    It's sounds like you are doing and amazing job with your boys especially having epilepsy yourself.Do you have people close by that can support you? I haven't got children myself but I understand how challenging life can be living with someone with illnesses /conditions etc as I have a rare disease and I was a nanny before I got very ill and alot of children I've brought up had ADHD and my partner has autism and life can be tough for both him and myself but somehow I get through it and I'm sure you will too. And as I said above if you need to talk to someone feel free to message myself or other community champions etc so you know you aren't alone. If someone doesn't know much about certain conditions /or are unsure there's always someone who can point you in the right direction.
    Sorry for the very long reply, but I hope to speak to you soon, enjoy the community and take care and stay safe, 
    Tammy. 
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    @steve51hi hope you are well. How's your day been?
    Tammy 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @stace85 :) It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate.

You might like to head over to our virtual Coffee Lounge to get to know more of our members, and we also have discussion groups for disabled parents, and parents to disabled children.

Let us know if there's anything we can help with! How have you been feeling today?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • roberttaylor570
    roberttaylor570 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    Hi @stace85 Welcome to our community/family.

There is plenty to do w.

Enjoy!hether you want a light hearted chat, join in with one of the many fun games or discuss a subject in more detail with others in the same situation.

Head to either the coffee Lounge or the Discussion Groups.  I'm sure you will find something to interest you
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @stace85! How are you today? :)
    Scope

Brightness