Hi, my name is mystic! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mystic!

mystic
mystic Community member Posts: 6 Listener
[Text removed by moderator]

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Is it a private rent or council 

Did you view the property b4 taking it on and agree to any redecorating 

Seek advice from CAB 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Hi @mystic and welcome to the community :) 

Sorry to hear that the place you've moved in to isn't in the right condition. Is it privately rented or from the council? 

Did you have the opportunity to view the property before you moved there? 

I have moved your discussion to our housing category, as that should help it get better responses.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • mystic
    edited October 2020
  • mystic
    edited October 2020
    [Images removed by moderator]
  • mystic
    edited October 2020
  • janer1967
    Unfortunately I don't think there is a lot you can do as you accepted the property and the vouchers for you to redecorate 

Get some quotes for having the work done 

Have you voiced your concerns to the council 

• mystic
    edited October 2020
  • janer1967
    As I said before I dint rwally think there is a lot you can do other than get the work done but Im no expert just my common sense and experience of working for a council housing company
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Looking at the pictures i'm struggling to see why it needs replastering and i can't see any holes at all. . A lick of paint on the ceilings and then if the walls are not the best for painting on then you should use lining paper before painting. You can get the lining paper in different thicknesses, depending on what you're wanting to cover.

You can also buy something called decorators caulk which is brilliant at filling holes in walls and to prep your walls ready for papering or painting. I've used this so many times myself in the past and would highly recommend it.

I currently rent my house privately and the walls in my living were awful because of the age of the house so i bought some of this paper and chose a thick one which was brilliant at covering everything. I just painted on the top of it.

You've been given a voucher, which is a very good thing and should help buy some things that's needed for the decorating.

I agree with janer here and i don't think there's much you can do because you looked at the house and agreed to accept it, which you didn't have to. Before agreeing you could have also asked them about the walls/ceilings but i'm assuming you didnt.

Yes, with councils, they do usually send a housing officer out for an inspection before your tenancy agreement ends.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mystic
    How do u delete posts please
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    mystic said:
    How do u delete posts please
    Hello

I have just responded to your email about this. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness