Will I still be entitled — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I still be entitled

emotink
emotink Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, my son (19 years old) gets pip and I get carers allowance for him.  My hubbie is a employed builder and a opportunity has come up for my son to do a couple days a week on site (lugging stuff to a skip etc, very manual) for a few weeks but only if he goes self employed.  If he does this will I still be entitled to carers allowance?  I've had a look at the 'changes you must tell us about' and can't see anything there about telling them this kind of thing...I just want to make sure I do everything properly.
(Nothing that he will be doing will undermine any of the reasons he gets pip.  He was in the middle of renewing it when lockdown happened, so it has been extended until march next year)

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.