Confused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused

Options
jaybear123
jaybear123 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello guys, so I applied for PIP in July 2020 and I’ve had my telephone assessment that lasted over 2 hours, but I did it, last I knew was that DWP was going to make a decision, but I got a phone call yesterday from IAS for le to make a telephone appointment for Friday, I’m confused to what this is? Is it another assessment ? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry but nobody can guess what it is did you not ask them. Have you applied for anything else for example a work capability assessment 
  • jaybear123
    jaybear123 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    she said that she needed more information, but I only spoke to DWP on Tuesday and they said I didn’t need to do anymore as I was ringing to chase it up as not heard anything, 
    I am just worried as the number they called me from was a mobile number and I’ve had a few missed calls from that number since last month but never have they left a voicemail, is that real If they use a mobile number? I Judit thought they would text or send a letter if they needed to talk to me 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,023 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Sometimes they don't always get all the information they need, especially with a telephone assessment and may need more information. If the report hasn't been returned to DWP then they won't be able to tell you anything because it's nothing to do with them, it will be the health assessment providers you will need to ring.

Yes, it's possible that they will use a mobile number to ring you from, they are still currently working from home and it could potentially be their own number they are using.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.