found out today i won my pip without an mr. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

found out today i won my pip without an mr.

ernie2009
ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
edited October 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
well folks i get the dreaded brown letter today with my pip award and its fantastic news i got enhanced of mobility and dailey living  from 2nd oct for an ongoing period is how dwp have written it. they then go onto to say we will also contact you while you are getting pip to see if your needs have changed and to look at the amount you get. this will be after 18th september 2030. im well pleased and hopefully tonight will get a good nights sleep the first in quite a few wks. id like to say a massive thanks to all who gave me help, advice and support with my pip as some days i dont know where id of been without you all. id like to say a special thanks to poppy123456 because she gave me so much help and advice and even though she has a lot on her plate herself she is always there helping others and i think she is amazing for what she does. . im not going to disapear now my pip is sorted im staying and hopefully ill be able to help or advise others so your stuck with me folks. thanks again folks your all wonderfull people.
Tagged:

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @ernie2009 Yey! Brilliant news and what a lovely post.  Thank you for letting us know and I hope you have a good nights sleep tonight :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Always good to have some positive news to balance out all the negative well done @ernie2009
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    @ernie2009 yay!!! fantastic news!! i'm so happy to hear that my advice helped! Thank you so much for those lovely kind words, they mean a lot. As you know, i'm always happy to help anyone.

Now, sit down, put your feet up, relax... and breathe! :smiley:
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ernie2009
    ill never forget the first words of advice you gave me poppy they are tattooed on my brain forever lol
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Fantastic news @ernie2009 :) Thank you for letting us know. I really look forward to seeing you around on the community!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • samantha21
    samantha21 Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    Hello ernie2009.  That is fantastic news and pleased everything has gone well.

In regard of your award and saying they will not contact you until after 18th September 2030 it seems to me you must have got the 10 year light touch that gets awarded. Thats good.

I finally got my P.I.P back in 2019 the original claim went in for 2018 but much of the claim was messed up and it took ages. I  was told in written letter they would not contact me until after 2028.  I have received a letter from them talking about Award Review maybe in 2022. Hopefully when they give the 10 years they mean it so I am trying to find out what is happening.
    For now you have done well hope you sleep after all the worry.
  • ernie2009

In regard of your award and saying they will not contact you until after 18th September 2030 it seems to me you must have got the 10 year light touch that gets awarded. Thats good.

I finally got my P.I.P back in 2019 the original claim went in for 2018 but much of the claim was messed up and it took ages. I  was told in written letter they would not contact me until after 2028.  I have received a letter from them talking about Award Review maybe in 2022. Hopefully when they give the 10 years they mean it so I am trying to find out what is happening.

hi samantha, i got a letter about 4 months ago saying saying because id reached retirement age i had no end date to my award and they would contact me some time in 2027. i contacted them saying my health had got worse and sent them reports from consultant about my spine. next thing i have all new forms to fill in but success was the outcome. i did read something about this ten year light touch scheme which poppy sent me on the dwp site which does say it aplies to folks who have reached retirement age and their condition wont improve or something similar to that.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news thanks for sharing and also your appreciation of the people who gave helped 

It is nice seeing you play an active part in the community 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations @ernie2009 - it's so great to read that it's all now official, & you can relax, & enjoy a good night's sleep! Delighted too that you're continuing contributing in the community. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    So happy for you @ernie2009
    Scope

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations @ernie2009 well done ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.