Review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Review

Options
Dazl58
Dazl58 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
Hi.I have an ongoing  award for PIP which I got in Jan 2018.I have now received a letter saying my award has been extended to March 2022.Surely an ongoing award should go beyond this date before a review,I was told I would only get a light touch review at the 10 year mark.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

There was a member yesterday with simialar dates to your PIP award, that also received a letter about their award being extended to April 2022 but they already have an ongoing award (10 years) The post is here. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/74290/confusion-about-p-i-p-letter#latest

The same advice applies here, you will need to ring DWP Monday morning when they open and ask why you've received that letter when you already have an ongoing award. They are the only ones that can tell you why you've received that letter.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dazl58
    Options
    It is all the more stranger as my award was given after I appealed the decision not to award me PIP and was taking it to Tribunal.I received a phone call from them saying the appeal had lapsed and their decision had been altered to award me PIP.I then got the money backdated and a letter confirming ongoing award.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Very odd because if you read the other post linked above, then that person who started it was also waiting for a Tribunal and they were eventually awarded by DWP.... odd...
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dazl58
    Options
    Yes,I've read the post and it is a very similar position.Odd indeed.Andcto extend by 17/18 months to an ongoing award.I'm hoping this is some kind of covering letter or something that is automatically processed.
  • Dazl58
    Options
    Hi.i have now remembered something,when I got the call from PIP telling me the award had been changed in my favour and asking if I would take the decision,I asked how long the award was for.The advisor then said it was for 2 years.It is the letter that states ongoing.After checking the date on the original award letter it is 11 January 2019.My new letter states the extended date is 11 March 2022.So I think it is what it is and we are to be reviewed at that date and for some reason the original letter is wrong.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.