How are you finding the change in seasons and darker nights? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How are you finding the change in seasons and darker nights?

2»

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m sorry to hear of your struggles continuing @OverlyAnxious.

I totally know what you mean about Motability. I would have given up my whole daily living component of PIP to get the enhanced Mobility if needed as the car is worth so much more to me than the money. I actually decided to work out how much it would cost to privately lease, insure and service the car I’m driving and it would be £600 or so a month yet I only have to sacrifice roughly half that amount from my PIP. I feel very very fortunate and grateful to have the car but am dreading losing it in a year and a half as driving is my life.

It is a shame that people who are on PIP but not higher mobility cannot get a Motability car by topping up the cost themselves as it really is a good scheme for disabled people on a low income.

I hope you manage to find a suitable property and vehicle in not too long.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I love cosy evenings and blankets, because I have light sensitivity the lack of sunlight is actually better for my eyes. However, the colder weather does increase pain levels! I guess you can't have everything.  :D  
    Scope

Brightness