Pip assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    leeCal said:
    I never had a face to face assessment, that was five years ago when I first got pip. If I get a review form and then an assessment on the phone it will be the first time. Is that what will happen? I’m not very good on the phone at all. I’m shortly to retire too.

It will depend on whether the face to face assessments are still suspended when your review comes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Well @poppy123456 I too have just received a letter extending my pip for seven months but it seems as though the dwp are might still send out a review  form way prior to that new end date.. if I get a review form after March next year then I will be retired so presumably that would be a light touch review, however if I get one before March then that will require an assessment which is likely to be by phone as far as the pandemic is going atm.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• poppy123456
    edited October 2020
    It won't be a light touch review. It will be a normal review, regardless of when the form is sent. Light touch reviews are only for those with ongoing awards and no one has had a light touch review yet.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    That’s interesting to know but even in normal times if your not able to do a face to face will they do a phone assessment or is it a paper or a home visit they do . Is phone just because of covid ? 
  • poppy123456
    Telephone assessments are because of covid, whether they will stay once face to face assessments are back on i have no idea.

Paper based assessments are very rare and most people have telephone assessments. Home assessments were possible but if you attend other appointments then this can go against you when requesting a home assesment. Of course this was before covid, just incase anyone reads this.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    That’s good to know thanks for that info 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.