My goal today - Page 21 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    My goal is not to buy any snacks today :o
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @leeCal I hope someone takes up your offer!

@66Mustang Gulp - good luck.  BTW, have you seen the new limited edition twix?  They have salted caramel and winter spice flavour  :o
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    Thanks a lot haha :D

That sounds really nice though. :o
  • Cher_Alumni
    @66Mustang Did you spot my subtle enabling?  :D

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @leeCal I'm available lol 
  • 66Mustang
    edited October 2020
    I just got back from a drive on some of my favourite roads :) a nice thing to do on a Sunday. Now I’m enjoying an early craft beer before Sunday dinner.

I hope you manage to get out for a drive leeCal.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    @janer1967 thanks for the offer ? I hope you can get out again soon.

i managed to get out, not far but it was nice and autumnal, I even saw a rainbow ? sunshine and showers and loads of fallen golden brown leaves, lovely. I used to like looking for chestnuts when I was younger, painful but I really like them. Didn’t see any today though. 

Im glad you got out too @66Mustang, enjoy the beer ? 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    Great to hear you got out @leeCal. I was wondering if there’d be a rainbow given that the weather can’t make its mind up at the moment but didn’t see one myself!
  • 66Mustang
    Today my parents’ car had its MOT. Quite a scary time of year as money isn’t exactly a thing that is in abundance in our house. Luckily it passed without any work needing doing which was a relief. :smiley:
  • leeCal
    I know what you mean @66Mustang we have the same annual problem, and it’s around December and January time unfortunately. 

Well done anyway ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    Ahhh that is a pain when you have Christmas to spend money on as well.
  • leeCal
    Yes @66Mustang it is, but this year I bought four new tyres already and fixed my washers as you know, I don’t think there’s anything else wrong apr t from emissions which I can’t check but I think are ok, no smoke or fumes detectable to the eye anyway. So I’m hopeful about the car. 

The tax tax and insurance all comes up straight after Christmas so that is a pain but I don’t go out much really so hiopefully all will be well financially. 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    Yes that is good. Hopefully it gets through the test with no issues. :)

When I had a private car the tax, insurance and MOT were all due around about on my birthday so that was a nice birthday surprise  :s

My parents are lucky in that their car is free to tax as the emissions are only 99g/km.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Any plans for today everyone?  I need some motivation for when I finish work  :)

• janer1967
    Mine is very simple to persuade my son to go food shopping ith me after school, he hates to go and always wants me to do it online but I sometimes like t actually go as it gets me out and also I can see things that I might miss on line
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    I going to write few poems today at some point when have finished some important work I need to do that seems to motivated me to get my work done quicker  
    I don’t know what motivates you Cher 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Cher_Alumni
    @janer1967 I hope he goes with you.  Good luck in convincing him.  I'm the same I prefer to look for offers in-store and get things I wouldn't otherwise think about.

@Globster I'm looking forward to reading those  :) I like to exercise so maybe I will have a little walk.

• janer1967
    @Cher_ScopeHe wont really have any choice if he wants to eat this week, and he has already been warned lol
  • leeCal
    edited October 2020
    Speaking of goals, a friend of mine has breakfast in a local cafe virtually every morning. The other morning when he went to pay he was told there was no charge as someone had paid for him!

apparently a chap had come in off the street and told the owner’s that today he wanted to make someone happy and offered to pay someone’s bill, they quietly chose my friend. I just thought I’d share that because it’s rare that people experience things like that. ?

@Cher_Scope @janer1967 @Globster

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    What a lovely gesture @leeCal! We should all 'pay it forward' more often. Small things like that can really make someone's day.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness