Good news — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Good news

Options
Adora858
Adora858 Community member Posts: 26 Courageous
edited October 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone, 
Firstly, a big thanks to everyone who helped me out (and for all the online resources I was directed to) with my questions etc. I applied for PIP in May this year, and as of yesterday I've found out I have been awarded enhanced rate for both daily living and mobility. 

As well as thanks for the help, I want to share my good news as a hope for anyone who might be struggling with the process and thinking of giving up. Honestly, I was so close to giving up - my first report gave me 0 points, the response to my MR bumped that up to only 2 points for daily living. It was so demoralising and really upset me, but I managed to put in a request for appeal. The DWP had until the 12th Oct to reply to the appeal request, but didn't reply at all until the 13th when I was told they had changed their decision in my favor and so the appeal had been stopped.

So yeah, I hope this can give hope to anyone who has maybe been awarded 0 points first time round, to keep pushing through if they can. And thanks again to everyone at scope and on these message boards for the support. 
Tagged:

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well done and congratulations @Adora858 ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's fantastic news and thank you for sharing just shows it is worth not giving up 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your positive outcome @Adora858 -  & congratulations. :)
  • roberttaylor570
    roberttaylor570 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    Options
    Congratulations @Adora858 It is always worth an appeal.  Thanks for giving others hope.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thats great news well done and thanks for sharing !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Brilliant news and thank you so much for returning to tell us  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Amazing news @Adora858
    Scope

• TeddyB22
    TeddyB22 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
    Options
    Great news. I wonder why they didn't go to appeal? Must have known they were wrong. 
  • Adora858
    Adora858 Community member Posts: 26 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm really pleased to have been fortunate enough to get the help I need. @TeddyB22 - I guess I can't know, but I wonder if perhaps the people who looked at my case the first couple of times didn't actually read it through properly (as my first two reports were full of things that were completely untrue, as if they were about a different person) and the person who looked at it before appeal actually had a proper look through? I guess I'll never know, and I am extremely grateful to be getting the help I need now, but it does make me feel so bad for people like me who may have been completely refused first time round and lack the ability/resources/support to push through all the way to appeal. I'm very lucky to have still been able to pay for bills/food while waiting for this decision, but I know a lot aren't that fortunate, so the whole thing is a bit bittersweet for me. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fantastic, thanks for sharing @Adora858 :) I can understand that you'd feel bittersweet because of the positions other people might be in, but that shouldn't take away from your success here. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.