My goal today - Page 22 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @leeCal what a wonderful thing to do and I'm sure it made both the donor and recipient happy 

Wish we saw more of this and it is a gesture I am going to do myself next time I go in somewhere like this 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Totally agree @Tori_Scope ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @leeCal ooh I love a random act of kindness!  It's definitely the little things that make a big difference  :) I'm going to make an effort to do that more.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    That would be great @janer1967 !

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    How are those goals looking today?  I have some life-admin to do later and telephone calls to make that I keep putting off  :D
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    I did some life admin yesterday @Cher_Scope so today I find myself at a loose end, except perhaps finding the source of a damp patch in my kitchen, not fun though.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    edited October 2020
    @janer1967 my son still isn’t picking up so I still can’t say what the name off the restaurant was. I have more than one son and they all fail to pick up the same, I call it rude but they say “oh sorry, I’ve been so busy”  it takes a few seconds to text, very sad.

i won’t forget to ask though even if it takes the rest of my life!

― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    @leeCal no problem I was just curious 

Sorry your sons dont respond I agree only takes a second but they dont realise the impact it has on you 

• leeCal
    Thank you @chiarieds the beams look familiar but it was dark inside at night, I do remember old beams. The name doesn’t ring a bell though particularly. I wished I’d paid more attention now I really do. 

It may may have been that one, I thought the word monk was in the name somewhere but I could be totally wrong. The reason I remember it at all is because my eldest paid for it which is really unusual ha ha, and the portions were all small as you see on tv, with gravy swipes and dotted pured carrot and such. If it wasn’t a Michelin star restaurant then it really should have been. 
    Thank you for your help though @chiarieds

― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    My goal today is to get my eldest to return my call or even just answer his phone. What would happen if we had an emergency I don’t know. 

Still trying @janer1967 but it could be a week or more if it’s anything like usual.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• roberttaylor570
    roberttaylor570 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    My goal this morning was to go to my church for mass then help clean the silver and other items ready for the Bishop of Chichester's visit on Sunday.  Due to the rest of the family getting up late, the kids going to school comes first of course, by the time I was ready it was too late for the bus.
  • leeCal
    edited October 2020
    Sounds like a big day for you this Sunday then @roberttaylor570  ?
    peace be with you.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry that your son isn't good at returning messages or calls @leeCal. You're reminding me to be a bit better at replying to my own parents
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • leeCal
    @Tori_Scope it’s really important because frankly it often leads me to think that I’ve been a bad parent somehow and it causes me some grief literally. 

When he does answer he will talk non non stop for an hour or two but then ignore me for a fortnight or a month. I’d rather just have a normal ten or twenty minute call but more often to be honest. 

Oh yes, please keep in touch with home, it’s psychologically important for parents if not you yourself. 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• roberttaylor570
    roberttaylor570 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    @leeCal It is St. Luke's Feast Day and as we are called St. Luke's this is our annual Patronal Festival.

It will be very different to previous years due to the pandemic.

We usually put on a bring and share lunch for the many attending.  This time, no lunch, no refreshments, no singing and socially distanced with masks whilst in church.
  • janer1967
    @leeCal Good luck with that goal, it does make you worry though what would haen in the case of an emergency. I wonder if you called him from an unknown number if he would respond.. Have you tried with holding the number when you call  
  • leeCal
    Hey that’s an idea @janer1967 though he’s smart, he may ignore withheld numbers, plus he’d be annoyed that I tricked him, however it’s his fault after all.

ill try that, what is the number you dial before ? 14 something?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    @leeCal It is 141 that you put in front , yes it may annoy him but just explain you are worried about how you could contact him in an emergency so was just trying different ways as he never usually answers your calls 

I must admit I dont always answer unknown calls I think if they wanted me they would leave a voicemail
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    My son is the same...I never call him as he wouldnt answer...I sent a txt just over a week ago to ask how him, his wife and my granddaughter were and still not had a reply...it breaks your heart.
    I think if he did actually call me I'd think he must need a kidney or something...

Brightness