WHO CAN BENIFIT FROM THE CHANGE MADE LAST YEAR SUPPOSED TO BE FOR PENSIONERS LIGHT ? For 10 years — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

WHO CAN BENIFIT FROM THE CHANGE MADE LAST YEAR SUPPOSED TO BE FOR PENSIONERS LIGHT ? For 10 years

joyclyn
joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
I am nearly 71  and have not been informed personally  only heard people talking about this change unsure if it happened  . My form will be sent mon12 recorded as my pip stops nov21. Dreading the waiting  and praying i wont have to appeal /another court case. It must cost alot of wasted money the amount of appeals.  Its hard to think  that your form is read and whomever it is that reads them   decides if in there eyes you are sick enough  to be awarded   ots diabolical   i will say no more x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,318 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The 10 year ongoing award for those of state pension age are for those whose conditions are unlikely to change, it's not for all those of state pension age and above. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/thousands-of-pensioners-to-benefit-from-pip-assessment-overhaul

Good luck with your review.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    hi joyclyn, i dont think its just a case of some-one reading your form then making a decision because if it were i would of got nothing as the 3 times ive aplied for pip my forms have been sent back a right mess as i get worked up, angry and annoyed. i know its not a good time for anyone when applying or renewing these things and we all get upset, annoyed or like me angry. try not to worry (says me ) and as i found out there are a lot of very helpfull people on here to help/guide you through. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @joyclyn, how are you doing? :)
    Scope

• joyclyn
    Thank you all  for your time  pip form  sent away . Waiting game now i cannot belive  2017 my DLA got changed to pip but no points so went tribunal sep/oct 2018   received high rate Living allowance . Up to nov2020  how time flys  will my old  pip claim  be taken in to account   or is it all a new claim  i truly  wish  i did not need this benefit  but sadly  i do . I feel like a Beggar   it does not help having to do this when your already sufferng  mental Health  on top of all physical  ailments.  Enough said my hand   wont  let me continue    sorry joy x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @joyclyn, we're always here for you to voice things. You're not a beggar, the money is there to support you. When you have a PIP review they will look at it as a new claim, so your old claims won't be taken into account. I hope this helps to clarify things. :) 
    Scope

• joyclyn
    Thank you chloe    i did hope it was just liike a check up  on the last award  chloe i dont know if i posted about message today .saying they had received forms  and that i may need face face  befor a decision can be made . sorry been pest but i dont knowiuf i can go through all this again i feel so stressed  .crying  i cry enough without having this  and i am so angry  the way we are judged by if like my last  time people whom should not be in a position  no knowledge of mental illness or even physical illness its crazy did you smile  sit down without  moaning ext ext i could scream  only god knows so sorry chloe many thanks to you and everyone my best wishes to everyone whom has this  to come.  i think i should stay off your site just now i would hate to think i could worry any one with my thoughts maybe its just me . your doing a great job all of you joyyclnx 

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    @joyclyn I know it must feel rotten at the moment but please try to relax about it. Logically if there’s nothing to be done about it then there’s no point in worrying, and if there can be something done then there’s also no point in worrying. I know it’s easier said than done.

i saw a wall plaque yesterday on tv and it said ‘today is the tomorrow we worrried about yesterday and all is well.’ Pretty sur that’s what it said, makes sense. Often what we think will happen is far worse than what actually does happen. 
    Best wishes ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• joyclyn
    Sorry have not been on site for quite a while.Had Telephone assessment today 1hour20 mins my.daughter helped.me out  on call No  idea how it will.be or how long to wait ..Thank God  regardless its done now   i am goung to really try put it out my mind untill i get decision hope everyone is well  joy

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    joyclyn said:
    Sorry have not been on site for quite a while.Had Telephone assessment today 1hour20 mins my.daughter helped.me out  on call No  idea how it will.be or how long to wait ..Thank God  regardless its done now   i am goung to really try put it out my mind untill i get decision hope everyone is well  joy

Best of luck for the outcome, let us know how you get on. Yes, try your best to relax and put it out of your mind :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Fingers crossed now for the decision  

You can request a copy of the report 7 days after assessment 

It isnt the decision  but will show recommended points and they go with report in most instances 
  • Nick64
    Nick64 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    joyclyn said:
    I am nearly 71  and have not been informed personally  only heard people talking about this change unsure if it happened  . My form will be sent mon12 recorded as my pip stops nov21. Dreading the waiting  and praying i wont have to appeal /another court case. It must cost alot of wasted money the amount of appeals.  Its hard to think  that your form is read and whomever it is that reads them   decides if in there eyes you are sick enough  to be awarded   ots diabolical   i will say no more x
    Thank you all for the pip type sent away for your time.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.