What time do you get up and go to bed? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What time do you get up and go to bed?

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
I’m just curious.

I tend to get up around 8-8.30am and go to bed at about 10-10.30pm. Yes I have a lot of hours’ sleep. :D

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    And with that good night, I look forward to reading your replies in the morning. :smiley:
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    G'night @66Mustang, we tend to read in bed until around 1a.m and get up when we feel like it these days often as late as 11a.m. if we need to get up we can but getting to the age when we do what we want when we want to.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Steveoldone
    Steveoldone Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    I dislike mornings and love the night and have been that way all my life.   I normally get up at 9:30 and go to bed at 1am.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I normally go to bed between midnight and 1am then depending how well I sleep I get up around 10 am but I make sure my son has got off the school and then go back to sleep 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I get up around 8.30 am; if I don't I have a small, exasperating, but loving cat that reminds me it's breakfast time. I go to bed anywhere between midnight & 2 am. When I want to get an early night, my cat decides she's going to stay out for hours, & then I worry about her, so have to stay up until she comes back in.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    I go to bed between 11-12 pm and get up between 6-7am. I've always been an early morning person and very rarely sleep longer than 7am.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I go to bed at about 11pm and my alarm goes off at 7am. Although, it can take a few hours to get to sleep and I tend to wake up a few times throughout the night. 
    Scope

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I go to bed at 11.15pm every night.  Why so specific?  I honestly can't remember!  Used to be 11pm on the dot but something must have happened to change it...  :D

Getting up is usually either 8.05am or 8.35am.  I wait for the news bulletin on the radio and sometimes miss the 8am one by a few minutes through dozing.  Since lockdown I've been getting up earlier on Mondays to get to the supermarket before everyone else...don't need an alarm, subconsciously my body seems to know!

As with Chloe, I don't spend much of that time in bed actually sleeping!

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    My bedtime varies between 9.30 to 11pm dependent on what I'm watching and how I'm feeling.  I tend to struggle to get to sleep too and normally visit the loo a couple of times  :D 

I like to stay in bed on a morning as it's so comfy but normally get up between 7am - 8am, and 9am on a weekend.  

We got a new bed this year that has a memory foam mattress and it has made getting up so much harder because it literally pulls me back down! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    I rarely go to bed before 12pm and usually get up around 8.30am 
    Just lately though I have struggled to get up before 9.30am. I think it's because of the lockdown thing and not having anything to do in the morning. I really need to get back to an earlier get up time, because any later time makes the day to go fast. 

Brightness