Hi, my name is riaann! Can you help me complete the PIP form? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is riaann! Can you help me complete the PIP form?

riaann
riaann Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Help with completing pip form  :#

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @riaann - & welcome to the community. Please have a look at the activities/descriptors that are looked at with your PIP claim form: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Scores-for-PIP-Descriptors-2020.pdf  & read the notes at the end too.
    PIP isn't about any diagnoses you might have, rather how your disability affects these activities of daily living &/mobility.
    You should give a couple of detailed examples as to the difficulty you face for each applicable activity/descriptor. Say exactly what happens, why, when. who also witnessed it, how did it leave you feeling afterwards, if any of these are applicable.
    Please say if you have any questions about this, as there's usually someone here who can help/advise.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome I hope you find the information useful if you have any specific questions we can help with just ask 

Good luck with your form and look forward to seeing you around 
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    hi Rianna .....I went through ( last year at this time), exactly what you are going through. I got lots of help and encouragement through the experts and members on this site . I know the forms seem daunting but I think they are meant to be like that to put us off applying. As Chiareids said....its not about your illness but more to do with how it affects you on a daily basis . Please keep us posted on your progress and I,m sure any questions you may have will get answered on this great site ....Good luck ?
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @riaann and welcome to the community.

I've budged this over to our PIP, DLA and AA discussion board so people can spot it and I hope the replies you have received have helped you better understand how to fill in the form.

Are you still unclear about anything?  If so, let us know and we'll do our best to help. 

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    As a matter of interest what does the current pip form look like?
    is there a copy online anywhere?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    leeCal said:
    As a matter of interest what does the current pip form look like?
    is there a copy online anywhere?

The PIP2 form hasn't changed since PIP was introduced in April 2013.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you @poppy123456 ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @riaann :) Welcome to the community! Please do let us know how you get on with completing the form, and whether you encounter any problems.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.