Do you have a hobby? If so what is it? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you have a hobby? If so what is it?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    edited October 2020
    I reckon I could be the Chancellor, well being a Yorkshire=man I'm traditionally as tight as a Crab's bum with money lol.

My hobbies include Xbox gaming, Karaoke singing, Martial Arts, Computer programming, wWeb design and various other computer related stuff.

• roberttaylor570
    roberttaylor570 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    @66Mustang The number of cadet Economists who have gone on to great things is staggering.  I won't give names but I am sure you would know some of them if I listed them.  You could do worse than to apply for the programme if it is still running under this administration.  I left in 1995 after being made redundant along with 30% of our staff.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I have quite a few hobbies now I've thought about it...

I love reading and have read significantly more since I've finished university. I tend to read mystery or crime non-fiction. I also spend a lot of time writing. I cannot for the life of me write non-fiction but I wish I could.

In terms of creative, I enjoy crocheting and photography. I'm currently making a blanket but it's been a LONG process.

On an evening I tend to do puzzles, watch a TV series or documentary. Also guilty of falling down a YouTube hole and getting lost.
    Scope

• Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Thank you all for your amazing answers/feedback. I will reply to you all individually soon.
    I hope every one is safe and well ?
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,807 Disability Gamechanger
    I have a few hobbies, my art keeps me busy when i can get motivated to make something, i love to read, Terry Pratchet books especially, though i also like autobiography's of famous people i admire, just finished **** van dykes   a very talented man, and i have my star wars collecting that keeps me busy, as well as watching movies
  • Chloe_Scope
    One of my best friends loves Terry Pratchet @Grinchy! It's not my kind of thing, but I do enjoy hearing about characters like Death.  :D  
    Scope

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,807 Disability Gamechanger
    Cheers @Chloe_Scope, i know the disc world series isn't for everyone, but i personally love them, shame he's no longer with us
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    I used to be a comper, that is someone who enters literally hundreds of competitions!  I won quite a bit including a holiday to Paris, £1500, Sky TV for a year and more hampers than you could shake a stick at.  it was very time-consuming but paid off.

Nowadays my hobbies are jogging, Netflix and housework  :D
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,365 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cher_Scope wow that is really cool!

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @66Mustang Thank you! It was so fun waiting for the postman to turn up with something unexpected most days  :) There's a whole comping community on the internet and some of them do amazingly well.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Didn't know this was a think @Cher_Scope! Amazing.

Favourite thing on Netflix's?
    Scope

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,365 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cher_Scope

I’m just wondering as I have a lot of spare time, “comping” is something I would quite like to do and I actually quite like filling out forms/questionnaires but I have a couple of questions if you wouldn’t mind answering them?

- Do you have to give a lot of personal details away to lots and lots of different people?

- How many competitions do you think you entered per competition you won something from?

Brightness