Christmas pip question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Christmas pip question

cupcake88
cupcake88 Posts: 1,282 Pioneering
Hi there I receive my pip every 4 weeks on a Monday according to the way it falls I will get two payments In November according to Online it says If my pip is due on the 28 th of December which is it I will get it on the 24th of December why is that and is that right also it says you get a pip Bonus of ten pounds at Xmas is that right ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cupcake88 yes that is correct as the 28th will be a bank holiday as boxing day falls on a sat the official bank holiday will be monday 28th so that is why you will get paid early 

Yes there is usually a £10 bonus sometimes you get this as a separate payment but sometimes in eith your normal payment 
  • cupcake88
    Oh that’s good to know thank you xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,941 Disability Gamechanger
    Don't forget also that your January payment will be paid as normal, so 4 weeks from 28th December and not 4 weeks from 24th December. This makes your January payment due on 25th.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,613 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Being paid on the 24th won't really make any difference overall.  Too late to buy anything online, the shops will all be rammed that day, closed the next and then rammed again on Boxing day.  I certainly wouldn't want be out shopping over xmas lol!

Do you get one £10 bonus per person or per benefit out of interest?  So if you're on both ESA and PIP, do you get 2 bonusses?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,941 Disability Gamechanger

Do you get one £10 bonus per person or per benefit out of interest?  So if you're on both ESA and PIP, do you get 2 bonusses?

There's 1 Xmas bonus over all, even if you're claiming other benefits that qualify you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cupcake88
    Thanks for that info poppy and thanks janner xx

i know I was thinking that ha I have done all my Xmas shopping I just need to do Xmas food shopping which I’ll do nearer the time . 

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,612 Disability Gamechanger
    Its strange really some years back we changed from doing our xmas food shop on the 24th when it was bedlam to doing it on the 23rd which is now worse than the 24th used to be, seems everybody had the same idea, so this week we have started buying non perishable xmas treats so we only have the fresh stuff to get on the 23rd.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• cupcake88
    You never know when to do your Xmas shop whether it’s gonna be too busy or whether or the food will be gone off the shelves , 

I’ll prob get on my Xmas snacks on Xmas eve but shop before hand for food .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.