Hi, my name is Enable5! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Enable5!

Enable5
Enable5 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone. My is jas. I'm 42 years young. I have have lived with a disability all my life. I live life to the full and cherish everyday. There is a saying yesterday is history tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that why they call it the present. I consider everyday a blessing. Don't let your disability define you. Always live your best life. Nice to meet you. 

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    @Enable5, that's a wonderful attitude to have.
    I've come to the same conclusion over the years though it took me around three years to adjust to my disabilities and accept my limitations. Although I'm in a better place now psychologically, chronic ill health remains a challenge!
    Wishing you all the best. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Enable5 and welcome to our online community!  I am absolutely loving your positivity.

How do you keep yourself so upbeat?  We need to spread this joy around our community  <3

Please jump straight into chatting wherever you feel comfortable to.  You can do this by looking at our recent discussions or checking out our different categories.

Give me a shout if you need any help and I am looking forward to hearing more about you!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome what a great attitude you have and a great welcome post 

I look forward to seeing you around 
  • Enable5
    Enable5 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    My positivity comes from my mind set. I believe 10 percent is physical and 90 per cent is mental if you have the right mentally you overcome anything all it takes is self belief confidence and determination to succeed. Think of yourself like a battery a battery has a negative and positive side without the two it wouldn't work. Your life experience makes you the person you are. So whether your experience is positive or negative its about how you channel your experiences. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @Enable5  Great words!  I always remember that I can't control what happens in life, but I can control how I react to it.  So looking for the positives and lessons we can learn makes the highs and lows easier to navigate.  

Are you a life coach by any chance?  If not, you should be!   :D
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Enable5, love your positivity :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Enable5 - & welcome to the community from me too. Thank you for joining with your positive words. I look forward to seeing you around the forum. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Enable5 :) I'm also loving the positivity. How are you getting on today? Up to anything nice to celebrate the end of the week? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Enable5, great to have you with us!
    Scope

Brightness