GP docteur — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

GP docteur

Options
kmt2018
kmt2018 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
edited October 2020 in Work and employment
I am a man who suffers from several illnesses I do not know why the GP does not write my illnesses on the certificate and why he does not show the blood test result sheet and I do not know why on the patient access website there is no not my medical record that I could read it please and someone can answer me because I can't concentrate and why they all go .
Thank you

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi what certificate are you referring to that your GP does not write illnesses on 

GP s have very strict dsts protection guide to follow you can request a copy of your medical notes but if they were put online they would be subject to breaches in security and hackers 
  • kmt2018
    Options
    Hi
    the certificate is sick note  they doesn't put all my illness  and when I have appointment  with DWP  my be they not accept 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi again your gp will not normally list all illnesses just what is preventing you being able to work 

DWP will accept the sick note the time to detail all your illnesses will be if you are referred for s work capability assessment 
  • kmt2018
    Options
    ok thank you 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kmt2018 - I'm pleased @janer1967 has answered your query. I know on the patient online service I use, my medications are listed so I can ask for a repeat prescription, or I can book an appointment with my GP. My patient record only lists a couple of things I'm allergic to, but that's all it says.
    If your GP hasn't discussed your blood tests, then you can always ring your GP's surgery to find out about them, but they will normally contact you if there's any concern about them.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    kmt2018 said:
    I am a man who suffers from several illnesses I do not know why the GP does not write my illnesses on the certificate and why he does not show the blood test result sheet and I do not know why on the patient access website there is no not my medical record that I could read it please and someone can answer me because I can't concentrate and why they all go .
    Thank you

HI,

You won't see any of your medical records on patient access unless you request them from your GP. Once you've requested them they will be uploaded onto there and you will be able to see most of your records, unless there's things that they won't allow you access to. I requested my medical records and now i can see all of them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kmt2018
    Options
    Good Morning , Thank you for reply  i hope have good day 
    Thank you 

Brightness