PIP award but will appeal to upper tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP award but will appeal to upper tribunal

neuromum4
neuromum4 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
Hi, I just cannot believe that they did not award mobilty there were 4 points.
11 for care.
I originally had 2 points.
I will definitely be going to get my rep to look at everything.
For almost 2 years I have been a wheelchair user, I think there may be a mistake I can't even walk for more for a minute without excruciating pain and have to use my cane around my home when I can.
I have a wheelchair from NHS wheelchair service and a scooter. I have a PA and carers, for personal care,medication, house work and food prep I just don't understand. This process is going to be longer.
Do I make a new claim?
Will they let me take it back from the MR date?
Not sure how thos all works and can't deal with this all right now.
Thanks
Neuro

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,367 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You can only appeal to the UTT if the error in law is found, you can't just appeal it because you don't agree with the decision. To find that error in law you must first request the statement of reasons and record of proceedsing from HMCTS once you receive these you need to find someone to have a look to find the error in law.

You can't make a new claim because you have an existing award. You can put in a change of circumstances but this could be risky. You need expert advice which can't be given on any internet forum because no one knows exactly how your conditions affect you or anything about your Tribunal case.

Not sure what you mean by "will they take it back from MR date"

Start here for that advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • neuromum4
    neuromum4 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Yes I have a representative from CAB she will go through everything.
    Thanks for the information Poppy. My representative has done most of this it's all to complex for me to deal with right now in the middle of a relapse.
    The tribunal mentioned a new claim, not sure if I understood right.
    Thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,367 Disability Gamechanger
    You really should be speaking to your rep about all of this rather than ask here because they will know everything about your case. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.