Hi quick question about PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi quick question about PIP

char38
char38 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
Ive been on PIP for 2 years for depression n arthritis 
i have been seen by a consultant and i have a collapsed bowel. Some days i cant even make it to the loo n im up most nights goin to the loo. Can i claim for this condition? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You already have a claim for PIP. Being awake in the night to use the toilet will not get you anymore points because it's not about the night time. It's also not awarded based on any diagnosis. Whether you could score more points for a higher award than you already have will totally depend on how your conditions affect you. It will also depend on what award you already have because the highest award is Enhanced for both parts, which is daily living and mobility.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @char38, Do you get the enhanced level of PIP? How are you doing? :)
    Scope

• char38
    No i only get medium rate with daily living. 
    Its horrible im so feed up with it. I just want my operation n try n get back to normal x
  • poppy123456
    There's no medium rate of daily living PIP, it's either Standard or Enhanced.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you know when your operation might be @char38
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • char38
    Sorry standard amd wont b til january 
  • poppy123456
    You should get further advice before reporting a change of circumstances. Also do be aware that although your surgery isn’t due until January, usually surgery is only done if there’s a good chance it improves your condition. For PIP you must expect those difficulties to last at least a further 9 months, which could be an issue because of your expected surgery.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.