Can’t sleep — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can’t sleep

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
edited October 2020 in Coffee lounge
Anyone else there? I shouldn’t be on the iPad this late...the clocks going back has messed up my sleeping pattern :D 
Tagged:

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Thankfully I got 3 and a half - 4 hours sleep which is much better than the night before :) hope you managed to get some sleep @66Mustang ?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited October 2020
    Hope you managed to get some sleep in the end @66Mustang. The clocks going back have a similar affect on me too.

Sorry you’re not sleeping very well either @Ami2301 but glad last night was a bit better for you. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • 66Mustang
    Thanks for the posts, I got a decent sleep in the end. Luckily for me it was just a one off, hopefully. I’m glad you got a few hours’ sleep @Ami2301 but 3 1/2 to 4 is still not much! If this is common for you have you spoken to your doctor or pharmacist maybe for something to help? Or are you not allowed to take things like that while pregnant?
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I couldn't sleep last night either, though very oddly found it easy to get up at 7am this morning to beat the rush at Tesco.  I guess I'll feel it tonight/tomorrow though!
  • 66Mustang
    @OverlyAnxious at least it’s out of the way for you for another week(?) now!
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    66Mustang said:
    @OverlyAnxious at least it’s out of the way for you for another week(?) now!
    Yeah, that's true!  I think the brighter morning, and the fact it was 'technically' 8am, made it easier this week than last week.  Will be interesting to see what next Monday is like...
  • 66Mustang
    Yes that makes sense, I got up a bit earlier today as well I think for the same reason
  • Ami2301
    My sleep has been messed up since my long stay in hospital 2 years ago, I started taking sleeping tablets halfway through my hospital stay as I was struggling with nightmares and flares because of what happened. I still take sleeping tablets but all they do is help me go to sleep, not stay asleep.

I did get into a routine of getting a good 5 hour sleep and the occasional nap during the day which I was fine with. Its just this pregnancy insomnia I was in no way prepared for. Thankfully, only 9 more days until my c-section!

I've decided that when she is born, i will be coming off my sleeping tablets as, like I said, they only help me go to sleep and I don't see the point when I could be waking up a short while later to tend to her, plus I can't breastfeed if I take them.

Glad you managed to get some sleep though @66Mustang :)
  • 66Mustang
    Sorry to hear that @Ami2301 but your thought process behind coming off them does make sense to me. Fingers crossed you can get back into something resembling a decent sleep routine!
  • Ami2301
    Thanks @66Mustang :) maybe when the clocks go forward lol
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ami2301 Not long to wait now for your little one to arrive, then your sleep pattern will almost certainly change but as least there will be a good reason for it to change

I used to love the middle of the night cuddles and feeds 

Good luck for the happy event 
  • Ami2301
    Thank you @janer1967 :) 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope you all sleep well tonight :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang

Brightness