Shoulder update — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Shoulder update

harry01
harry01 Community member Posts: 217 Courageous
So they said it was a tendonapathy. Something to do with 'thickening' and also 'nerve impingement'. Anyone know more about this? 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Tendonopathy means there is some damage to a tendon, & the shoulder joint is commonly affected. Nerve impingement means that a nerve has been compressed or 'pinched' which results in pain due to this.
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Hi @harry01, now that you've had your scan and the doctors can see what's wrong, are they offering any treatment?

I suspect that my shoulder problems are the same as yours but I have another two weeks to wait until I have my scan... I'm still in awful pain.... 

I hope you get the help you need. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the update @harry01 now you have a diagnosis is there any treatment that they can give you
  • harry01
    harry01 Community member Posts: 217 Courageous
    Thanks for the information @chiarieds

@Oxonlady @janer1967 they said that it should get better with exercise but they asked me what I thought would help. I said that I thought light specific shoulder exercises should help but where I don't 'push through' the pain' and trust my instincts. 

Probably better sleep, less stress etc. 

Just to note that my practice didn't seem to tell the physio anything at all. He starts the conversation with 'What's the problem' and knew nothing about my shoulder or the scan!?

Brightness