Does limited hand grip/hand pain effect your ability to carry heavy oven dishes? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does limited hand grip/hand pain effect your ability to carry heavy oven dishes?

Options
ProdDesEngStudent
ProdDesEngStudent Community member Posts: 8 Connected
edited October 2020 in Research and opportunities
Do you find it painful or difficult to move heavy, hot items between the oven and kitchen counter, especially when wearing oven gloves?

If you have a minute please could you fill in this quick survey, as it would be really useful for my university work! Thanks. :)

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/9K8TK8B

Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ProdDesEngStudent! Just to let you know, I've moved your post into the disabled people category

I don't have any personal experience of this, but hopefully one of our other members who does will find your post soon :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community

Yes it is a struggle to move heavy items. I find oven gloves very hard to use, i usually use a folded tea towel and also try to avoid using heavy dishes I use the non stick metal tins for everything 
  • ProdDesEngStudent
    Options

Hello!

I am trying to collect data about how conditions such as arthritis, sarcopenia, nerve damage and tendonitis affect people's ability to move heavy kitchenware. If you could spare a minute to fill in this short survey it would really help me out!

Thank you!

• ProdDesEngStudent
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hi and welcome to the community

Yes it is a struggle to move heavy items. I find oven gloves very hard to use, i usually use a folded tea towel and also try to avoid using heavy dishes I use the non stick metal tins for everything 
    Hi, thank you very much for your reply! If you have a minute please could you fill in this quick survey, as it would be really useful for my university work! thanks again (: 

• janer1967
    Options
    Sorry you need to contact the admin team if you want to put a survey on so it can be checked 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ProdDesEngStudent and welcome to the community. It's great that you are wanting to do research for your project. However, it would have been great if you had disclosed this at the start of the thread. Just so members know.

Events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.
    I have edited your original post to include the survey link.

Please ensure you have permission to use people's responses if they are written on the forum.

If you have any questions then please email the community at community@scope.org.uk and someone will be able to help. :)
    Scope

• ProdDesEngStudent
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Sorry you need to contact the admin team if you want to put a survey on so it can be checked 
    Hi, sorry I didn't know this, thanks for letting me know. Would I be able to use your response for my work (anonymously)? 
  • janer1967
    Options
    @ProdDesEngStudent Yes thats ok however I dont suffer from any if the conditions you refer to, I am in a wheelchair and partially sighted
  • ProdDesEngStudent
    Options
    Thats okay, no problem. Thank you!
  • Marie12
    Marie12 Community member Posts: 13 Courageous
    Options
    I did the survey- just read that you aren’t referring to my disability. Your survey will not capture some of what you want. I have never dropped an oven tray because I would not even try something I was not absolutely sure I would manage as it is so dangerous. 
  • ProdDesEngStudent
    Options
    Hi @Marie12, thank you very much for your response and for commenting too, your thoughts are really useful and insightful, thank you :) 

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.