What is your most prized possession? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is your most prized possession?

2»

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Your serial killer comment really made me laugh @Cress :D You've also reminded me that my Mum has quite a few scrapbooks at her house with memories from when we were growing up. I can't wait to look through them when I'm a bit older and reminisce. Her and my Dad also have photo albums that I hope to inherit one day.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    I just want to say that I really enjoyed reading the stories from the past and appreciate everyone sharing them. :)
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately my mother eventually had dementia and cut up all our old family photos, why I’m not sure, sad though.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    @66Mustang. Photos of my Dads watches.

The stainless steel one is the German soldiers watch.
    I have only worn his gold one once. In the waistcoat I wore. That was on my wedding day. 
    If your wondering about the gold strap? It is a watch fob. If you remember the small pocket in jeans, or waistcoat, the watch fits in the pockef, the strap hangs outside and is used to pull the watch out. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    @Dragonslayer thank you for sharing those lovely watches. :)

I didn’t know that about the small pocket.

Do both of the watches still keep time? Have they ever been serviced?
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    @66Mustang
    Both watches still work and keep good time. The gold one was serviced by my Mum before she gave it to me to make sure it was in good working order. That is the only time I know of. Inside the back cover there are several Pawn broker scratches. Mum told me dad entrusted the watch to his brother for safe keeping while he was at war. His brother then pawned it for cash, more than once. Mum found out and took it from him.
    It's seems sad, but there were hard times.
    It does add to its history though.
    I have no idea about the Soldier watch, as I call it. But it did servive the war.
    Thats German engineering for you ?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    A top contender would be the Batman costume and very large black cape I bought about 13 years ago, which I wear to most Comic Con type events, going as Batman.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Wow- that's really cool @MrAllen1976! Who's your favourite batman villain? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness