Blatant lie on my report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blatant lie on my report

Options
StanB
StanB Community member Posts: 21 Connected
Had my phone assessment a couple of months ago had my report back and been downgraded from enhanced DLA and also am now on the standard for both DLA and Mobility, On my previous assessment my Mobility was downgraded to standard but my DLA raised to enhanced, My family urged me to appeal but because of the stress and anxiety, it caused I didn't appeal. This time however I am anyhow on my current report it states that I'm able to drive, I have never driven or had a licence this along with a few other inconsistencies and with encouragement from family I will be appealing I just wondered if you guys have any thoughts 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

There's no such thing as Enhanced DLA. For PIP the awards are either standard or Enhanced for Daily living and mobility.

Your next step is to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) for this you need to state where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why, then add a couple of recent real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Also add who was with you, where you were and exactly what happened.

You shouldn't concentrate on any "lies" that may have been told in the report because they won't be interested in any of those.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • StanB
    Options
    Thank you Poppy we last spoke a couple of years ago glad to see your giving out sound advice 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In this case, I think you probably should mention that you can't drive. 

Don't dwell on it or call out the assessor as a liar but it's something that may be causing problems for your award if they believe you can drive.
  • StanB
    Options
    Yeah this was my thinking thank you 
  • TeddyB22
    TeddyB22 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
    Options
    It really is probably the worst aspect of these assessments whether face to face, paper or over the phone. The assessor seems to either make the wrong assumption or completely contradicts your evidence. 
    I received my MR decision letter & under nutrition it states 'does not choke on food'. This is the complete opposite of what I says on the phone and is documented in my hospital reports. I told them I do have food sticking in my throat. I honestly can't believe they ignored it.
    Anyway that's the only reason I'm going to Tribunal. For that point alone. 
    I hope you manage to sort everything out. 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    Best of luck with your appeal. :)
    That's quite worrying...to say you can drive when you stated otherwise.
    I know there can be misunderstandings and info misinterpreted but an outright contradiction like that is really not on.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.