Phone Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phone Assessment

Kittyc
Kittyc Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
Anyone got any tips about the phone assessment for hidden disabilities.  I have one on monday - not sure how it is going to work as I have got severe hearing loss :) lol could be funny x

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Kittyc :) What is your phone assessment for? Is it for PIP?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Do they know you have hearing loss if not maybe you should alert them so they can make adaptions.

Is there anyone who could be available to support you and sit with you during the call who could act as a medium

Have a look at the copy of the form you sent so you are familiar with what you put as the questions will be based around that.

Have some examples ready about how you are against the descriptors eg what happens if you try and do the task if you can do it, jf not why not, do you need support or use an aid, what happened when you last tried to do the task

There are lots of posts on our pip section about phone assessments which you may find useful
  • Kittyc
    Apologies it is for a blue badge 
  • Kittyc
    i've been through the pip assessment process and it was better than I imagined.  I have a phone assessment for a blue badge, as I keep getting knocked over lol or clipped by cars.  I was thinking about asking for some bubble wrap xx 
  • Tori_Scope
    Apologies @Kittyc. I clearly had a Wednesday brain moment, as you've put this in the Blue Badge category! Have you told them that you have hearing loss? As Jane said, they might be able to make the phone call more accessible to you if you let them know. Is it a mobility assessment you'll be having? I'm glad the PIP process went better than you imagined. 

Bubble wrap :D 

• Kittyc
    No worries.  I hope they know I have severe hearing loss as that is one of the reason I am applying, along with anxiety and depression :)  I'll get my live transcript app ready and she will have to be patient.  Just wondering what sort of questions they ask.  I applied via the hidden disabilities route 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    No one can tell you what questions they will ask because it will depend on how those conditions affect you. I would imagine it will be based on your risk when you're out. I don't know of anyone that's had a telephone assessment for the BB. I automatically qualify for this so no assessment has ever been needed.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kittyc
    Had my assessment and sent some more evidence.  Not too bad and survived being able to hear x 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad its over with just the wait now
  • Tori_Scope
    Thanks for letting us know @Kittyc :) Keep us updated with the outcome!

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    I'm pleased your assessment seemed to be good @Kittyc - I hope all goes well. :)

• Kittyc
    Thank you and send off my pip report as evidence, as that had some good stuff in it too.  Thanks again and all things crossed x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    They will send you a decision letter once it's been made. If successful they will ask for payment for the blue badge before they send it to you. If you're refused you can appeal that decision by requesting a review. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kittyc
    I have had to pay for the blue badge when I sent in the application form.  All things crossed as being run over three times in a space of 6 months isnt good to be honest lol :)  lol x
  • Kittyc
    Wow guys got some news - which happened quite quickly.  But just had an email to say I have got a badge xxx that is fabulous news.  Thank you so much for all your advice and support xxx much love xx

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great @Kittyc - hopefully you won't need bubble wrap after all! :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Fab news @Kittyc, thanks for the update :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Kittyc
    Thanks everyone and no bubble wrap required - which is fabulous news xxx :)  so chuffed xxx 

Brightness