Claiming for one part? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Claiming for one part?

suzannah17
suzannah17 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
Hello everyone, can you claim for just one part of PIP? I filled the whole form in but I only want to claim for the Mobility part is this possible? I only filled the whole form in incase they send it back and say they need more information and I haven’t got the energy to keep filling and returning forms! Only reason I don’t want to claim Daily Living is because come assessment time, telephone or face to face it’s going to be to distressing for me to go through weather or not someone is with me. I’d rather just claim for the Mobility part what I feel is really bad. 
Thanks?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Unfortunately you cant just claim for one part the whole is looked at 

I would suppose if you put on the form that you had no problems with any of the daily living descriptors it still would all be looked at and assessors would ask if they thought your condition would affect your daily living 

Also you wouldn't be doing yourself any favours for the mobility element as if your mobility is affected you would presume some aspect of daily living would be too 

I hope other members will give further advice 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @suzannah17 - Looking back it seems you were awarded the enhanced rate for both daily living & mobility until November 2025, so I'm confused as to why you're asking about another PIP claim.
  • suzannah17
    edited October 2020
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @suzannah17 - Looking back it seems you were awarded the enhanced rate for both daily living & mobility until November 2025, so I'm confused as to why you're asking about another PIP claim.
    I share an account with my cousin. This was her post, this is in regards to her daughter. I believe :smile: 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

As Janer has advised, you can't just claim for 1 part, they will look at both parts. There's also very likely going to be a telephone assessment before a decision's is made so not wanting to claim the daily living part because of this really makes no sense at all.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • suzannah17
    edited October 2020
    Hi,

As Janer has advised, you can't just claim for 1 part, they will look at both parts. There's also very likely going to be a telephone assessment before a decision's is made so not wanting to claim the daily living part because of this really makes no sense at all.
    It makes sense when you have to live through what people live with, the trauma and suffering that one thing can cause is unexplainable, so YES Poppy it does make sense reliving something that ruined you on every level possible, and you can’t avoid it because they ask WHY you have the difficulties you can’t just turn round and say ‘ because I do ‘ it don’t work like that. So I think next time you comment about people’s life’s making no sense at all have some form of consideration and I never said there wasn’t going to be an assessment, an assessment is mandatory but telephone or face to face the difficulty will still be the same HENCE why I want to avoid the daily living, THINK before you SPEAK. And I’m not being rude or agressive I’ve but have some consideration for others ? after all my life makes no sense at all xxxxxxxxx
  • chiarieds
    If you read back through Poppy's comment, someone who has helped countless people with their benefit claims, she didn't say that anyone's life made no sense at all, rather that questions would be asked during a phone assessment about both the daily living & mobility component, so not wanting to talk about the daily living part then didn't make sense.
    Whilst appreciating from what you've said further that you have no wish to discuss the daily living component, any PIP claim will look at this, as well as the mobility component.
    Please be mindful of the communities guidelines, & respect another member's opinion, even if you don't agree with it, thank you.
  • poppy123456
    You have totally read my advice wrong. I do know what trauma is because i've also lived with this for over 40 years of my life. Please don't tell me to think before i speak because i didn't say anything wrong.

I also have a huge amount of consideration for others, if i didn't then i wouldn't have helped thousands of people here on the community. Please be mindful of your comments.

@chiarieds thank you got your support, as always it's very much appreciated.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • suzannah17
    You have totally read my advice wrong. I do know what trauma is because i've also lived with this for over 40 years of my life. Please don't tell me to think before i speak because i didn't say anything wrong.

I also have a huge amount of consideration for others, if i didn't then i wouldn't have helped thousands of people here on the community. Please be mindful of your comments.

@chiarieds thank you got your support, as always it's very much appreciated.
    Maybe I misinterpreted because I’m autistic? Thanks for your help anyway X
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    It's becoming really bizarre more than one member appears to be sharing accounts with someone else, its not like its difficult to sign up to this forum 
    and @suzannah17 having a go at @poppy123456 won't get you anywhere on here, she's a very much respected member who gives her time freely to help others.
    Right I've said my piece....
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    I'm also confused by it all @woodbine - so far this person has commented that they had been awarded the enhanced rate for both daily living & mobility (November 2019) wondering if they were also entitled to SDP.
    She also said in May 2020 she'd received a review form in February, which she'd completed & sent back. Whilst taking onboard @Username_removed 's comments, surely if the daily living component has been filled in, then questions will be asked about this?
    The OP has commented about herself, a friend, her brother & a male cousin. No problem, but each time she said who she was referring too. Apparently now one discussion was about her female cousin's daughter, which has only just been mentioned, so it's all been a bit muddling. So from someone seeking to claim additional benefits they thought appropriate, now down to only claiming part of a benefit.....

• poppy123456
    I've just looked back at the threads myself and i'm going to join the confused club! The cousin thread sounds familiar with another couple of members that we've had recently... @samfits99 and @ChloeHibbert. If people do have multiple accounts, i don't understand why. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/71820/pip-decision-outcome#latest

• chiarieds
    Perhaps we're all experiencing collective 'deja-vu?'
  • poppy123456
    chiarieds said:
    Perhaps we're all experiencing collective 'deja-vu?'

Quite possibly. What's really sad about it is that we are spending our time here giving advice for free, when several threads are very similar.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    The three accounts you have mentioned are not linked on our system. I hope this clears things up. @suzannah17, has the advice above helped?

Also, do you need some help in creating a separate for your cousin? 
    Scope

• poppy123456
    They may not be linked on the scope system but this doesn't mean they're not the same person for each members name.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.