What did you have for breakfast?` — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What did you have for breakfast?`

Chloe_Scope
Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
I feel like breakfast is the most underrated meal of them all! But what do you tend to have?

I'll admit, I'm not the biggest lover of breakfast, especially during the week. But I always try and eat something.

This morning I had a cup of coffee, two crumpets with butter and jam, and I now have a bottle of water. During the weekend I am partial to beans and Quorn sausages on toast, of course with a cup of coffee.

However, I love going out for brunch and will always choose pancakes if they are on the menu.

Yellow large mug next to a plate of toast.

I'm going to stop before I get too hungry.  :D

What did you have for breakfast this morning? What is the perfect breakfast? Let us know! 
Scope

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I have coffee and crumpets as well, most mornings, but I have the food quite late in the morning. Often I skip lunch so they are a kind of brunch. I know what you mean about not wanting to eat early and I think if I worked and had to leave the house at 7:30 I wouldn’t bother with breakfast.

I think my favourite is a traditional full cooked breakfast although I like pancakes with bacon and maple syrup :yum:
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I had a couple of slices of toasted cinnamon and raisin bread with butter this morning.  Not the norm but it was on offer in Tesco this week lol.

I normally have granola, either the tropical fruit one or the fruit and nut one.  Used to just have wholemeal toast but need to boost calories somehow!  :#
  • Chloe_Scope
    I'm with you there @66Mustang

@OverlyAnxious, ooo that sounds so nice!
    Scope

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Every morning I have one slice of toast with marmite and a cup of tea. That does me until lunch time. Quite a boring breakfast but I like to think it’s doing me good.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I wish I had the motivation to put as much effort into breakfast as you do @Chloe_Scope :D 

Normally just some cereal or toast for me, along with a cuppa of course. At the moment it's chocolate flavoured Wheetabix bites, because why not?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I had pain au chocolate this morning and a cup of coffee

I tend to gave different things and also would say it is brunch as I dont like eating early I dont eat anything else then till evening meal

I like lots things fir breakfast

Full English, scrambled eggs on toast, crumpets, muffins, cheese scones, croissant, eggy bread (not all at the same time)

Full english has to have black pudding, fried bread and mushrooms on so I dont often have one usually if I go out or staying away
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I had a bacon muffin and coffee, at this time of year I swap and change between that and porridge yum
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I love the taste of porridge, I love oaty things like biscuits, just I can’t stand the texture! :(
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    I had two poached eggs on toast.  Unfortunately, my poaching wasn't tip top and one egg got stuck at the bottom of the pan  :o
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    2 Weetabix, until recently I've had 3 for years but then about 5 years ago I had to cut down to 2 on Mum's orders as I was diagnosed type 2 Diabetic.

I used to like Porridge, my late Grandad used to make his own, like House bricks it was, but the last time I had Prridge at Home I ended up with the Runs lol, I don't think it was the Porridge itselgf, I think the Milk was at least 2 days old.

• GingerNinja2020
    GingerNinja2020 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I had two poached eggs on toast.  Unfortunately, my poaching wasn't tip top and one egg got stuck at the bottom of the pan  :o
    Fortunately the pelican was able to remove it with his long bill...  Oh, wrong thread!  :p
  • Chloe_Scope
    You guys all have great breakfasts! I had coffee and crumpets this morning. :)
    Scope

• didan
    didan Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    janer1967 said:
    I had pain au chocolate this morning and a cup of coffee

I tend to gave different things and also would say it is brunch as I dont like eating early I dont eat anything else then till evening meal

I like lots things fir breakfast

Full English, scrambled eggs on toast, crumpets, muffins, cheese scones, croissant, eggy bread (not all at the same time)

Full english has to have black pudding, fried bread and mushrooms on so I dont often have one usually if I go out or staying away
    I eat coffee for breakfast. Why is it that you choose to eat something you do not enjoy? I do not understand humans that do this to themselves.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Cherry tomatoes  mushrooms, egg on toast
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Beans and cheese on sourdough toast 
  • JBS2022
    JBS2022 Scope Member Posts: 2,075 Disability Gamechanger
    Cheese on toast
    Life is better in a fishtank  🐟
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Nutty granola and toast

Brightness