Hi, my name is paul456! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is paul456!

paul456
paul456 Community member Posts: 11 Connected

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @paul456 and welcome to the online community :) 

How are you?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Hello @paul456 - & welcome to this great community. How are you, & is there anything we can help you with? :)
  • paul456
    im not very good with computers lol, ive been looking for help understanding my new universal credit assessment

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome I am sure we can help if you tell us what you dont understand 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    That's fine @paul456, if you ever need help navigating the community or if anything doesn't make sense, feel free to ask :) 

And okay, we have a lot of members with knowledge of UC, I would advise browsing and possibly even creating a discussion in our universal credit category

What part of the assessment don't you fully understand?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    paul456 said:
    im not very good with computers lol, ive been looking for help understanding my new universal credit assessment

HI and welcome,

New Universal Credit assessment? do you mean the work capability assessment, which is when you send in fit/sick notes from your GP.  If this is what you mean what help do you need exactly? If you can give some more information then i'm sure someone will be able to advise you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • paul456
    hi ok, so ive been on  lcw since 2016 , they sent me a reassessment form back in feburary which i sent back with my doctors and therapist notes. they they cancelled my assessment because of the virus. 2 weeks ago i got a letter for a phone assessment for last week. i have since had a letter in my universal credit journal that ive been moved to a new group called lcwra. but this is all i know im a little stressed and confused as to whats going on.

• janer1967
    That's good news it means you will now get the additional LCWRA payment and not be required to look or prepare for work 
  • paul456
    so i dont have to go to the job center anymore? not that ive been since feburary because of the virus. am i doing this correctly is this the best way to reply as some others have written on here but im not sure how i reply , im not used to this website its a little confusing to navigate
  • janer1967
    Yes you are doing it right to reply if you want to reply to a certain person just put the @ before their name 

You should hear from your work coach if not give them a call and you should then not have to go anymore 
  • paul456
    @janer1967 thankyou thats a relief. its just the constant hassle when they want somthing the being left in the dark waiting for the verdict , also the worry with money aswell. thanks for your help. ill have a look to see if anyone has gone through similar on here
  • paul456
    @poppy123456 ive been shown how to reply to people now lol. i wasnt ignoring youou
  • janer1967
    There are lots gone through the same and tbh you have had a very quick decision 

You may get some back pay but I'm not too sure with it being a reassessment 

• paul456
    @janer1967 yes it seemed to take for ages between my forms being submitted and getting my assessment . this was the other thing i didn't know if they would back date to feburary or just carry m on going forward from this months , honestly i think i would prefer the latter otherwise i will start getting hounded again. im not sure how long this one will last as my last one lasted 3 years. ive just been reading some of the other cases on here and im shocked how long some people have to wait its really bad.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Hi @paul456 - you are replying correctly here, & sorry if this website does appear to be somewhat confusing at first. Lcwra means 'limited capability for work related activity.' This means you don't need to work, & no longer have to do anything to prepare for work either.
    As you were already receiving Lcw, you may hopefully receive an additional amount of money with your next UC payment. :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    LCWRA element is £341.92 per month. As you were already receiving the LCW element which is £128.25 per month, you will now be £213.67 per month better off. Also if you were affected by the benefit cap this will now mean you will no longer be affected by this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness