Pip update - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip update

2»

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news and a very quick result 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Thank you for the kind words!!

May i ask if you're claiming any other benefits like Income Related ESA, Income Related JSA or Income Support?
    Yes poppy...I also get income support and carers allowance.
  • Cress
    janer1967 said:
    Great news and a very quick result 
    Thanks @janer1967 :D
    I was expecting a phone call first to ask about bank details etc but no, it just appeared in my account this morning.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Cress said:
    Thank you for the kind words!!

May i ask if you're claiming any other benefits like Income Related ESA, Income Related JSA or Income Support?
    Yes poppy...I also get income support and carers allowance.

I thought you did. This means that your Income Support will now increase and you'll be entitled to the disability premium of £34.95 per week, backdated to the start of your PIP award. This premium will be automatically added.

There's more.... I also believe you live with just your son, is this correct? Who also claims a qualifying benefit such as either PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care yes? No one else lives with you, is that right?

If so then you'll need to ring Income Support and ask to claim for the Severe disability premium. This can be claimed over the phone because it's a very simple form, which is called the IS10 form. The SDP is an extra £66.95 per week in with your Income Support. You also need to ask for this to be backdated to the start of your PIP award.

With the SDP please make sure that no one ever claims carers allowance for looking after you because if they did then the SDP would end.

Hope this helps :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Yay go cress I’m so happy for you 
  • Cress
    Yes poppy all of the above about my situation is correct....It had never occurred to me that I might also get extra income support.
    That is s heck of a lot of extra money!
    I can't thank you enough!! :) 
    I'll ring dwp as soon as I get the decision letter with the start date on.
    Thank you again!
  • Cress
    cupcake88 said:
    Yay go cress I’m so happy for you  thanks, means a lot  :D 
  • cupcake88
    How long is your award for cress ?
  • Cress
    It said 18 months cupcake  :)
  • poppy123456
    Cress said:

Isn't that the recommendation in the report? If so then it's not the decision, once you receive the decision letter it will tell you how long the award is for and when you'll be contacted from.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Cress
    Cress said:

Isn't that the recommendation in the report? If so then it's not the decision, once you receive the decision letter it will tell you how long the award is for and when you'll be contacted from.
    Oh right, thanks poppy...good to know when I'll be contacted from...can put it out of my head till then! Lol
  • Cress
    So I got my decision letter...it says the award is from 24 june 2020 till 14 April 2023.
    Doesn't say anything about when they will contact me again.
    I thought I'd get 12 months...the assessment letter recommended 18 months, but now the decision letter says April 2023....I'm over the moon!!
    I know they can review anytime but I'm not going to think about it at all untill I hear from them..lol
  • cupcake88
    I’m so happy for your cress , yeh my report said she recommended 12 months But mines is until mid 2022.
  • poppy123456
    Reviews take place 6 months before the award is due to end. They will send you the review form.
  • Cress
    cupcake88 said:
    I’m so happy for your cress , yeh my report said she recommended 12 months But mines is until mid 2022.
    Aww thanks cupcake! Really wasnt expecting them to award it for that long...
    Thanks poppy...so I've got a good couple of years of not worrying about it...I rang dwp as you advised poppy...she took my details and said she'd send them across to where ever they get sent to and they'll let me know the outcome and if I'm entitled to any arrears...she'd had the info about me being awarded pip on her records.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.