Tips on wearing a mask with glasses — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tips on wearing a mask with glasses

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
Does anyone else who wears glasses have the problem that their glasses fog up when wearing a mask?

Has anyone got any tips to help with this problem?

I especially sympathise with people who are doing driving lessons at the moment. They have to wear masks by law but you also have to wear your glasses by law to drive if you need glasses. I couldn’t drive with steamed up glasses!

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Yep...

Make sure the mask is tight across your nose if it's got a bendable nose strip.  And move your glasses forward a bit so they're over the mask and slightly away from your eyes.  Finally make sure there's good ventilation in the car - not so easy now it's getting cold and wet but using the air con can help keep the cabin air drier if you have to have windows closed.

I'm only wearing a mask once a week to go shopping.  Don't want to touch it after having touched communal door handles and steering wheel etc so am having to put it on at home and drive with it.  Even doing all of the above they still steam up sometimes...I'm sure there must have been some car accidents caused by that by now.

I went to get diesel earlier this week and the phone payment app failed.  No pay at pump at this station.  And I had 0 miles left on the range so couldn't risk going elsewhere.  Had to improvise a 'face covering' by pulling my hood across to go into the kiosk.  :/
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    I found the only thing to work at stopping my glasses steaming up was to remove the little plastic strip that goes over the bridge of my nose and then put some double sided sticky tape on...I can see properly and I'm not forever trying to stop it sliding down...
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi  rub your glasses with some moisture cream then wipe off this forms a barrier to stop the glasses fogging up
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Some genius solutions here! My friend puts a strip of tape across the top of hers too, and says it has helped.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for all of the tips. I will be sure to give them a try. :)

Brightness