My goal today - Page 26 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    I look forward to reading it @Globster :)
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Me too @Globster ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    @Chloe_Scope
    I have amazing news to share but I can't share just yet

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    :o@Globster. We look forward to hearing about it!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Really exciting @Globster
    Scope

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Well, we have all gone quiet goal-wise  :D. Is it the clocks going back I wonder?!

How have your goals been today?  I had root canal re-treatment yesterday so my only goal for today was to get through it relatively unscathed.  So far, so good!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    edited October 2020
    I had an appointment with a nurse today which went ok. One or two little problems health wise but I’m fine really, though I’m very overweight. 

@Cher_Scope I think the early evenings have affected things a bit. My body clock hasn’t yet adjusted properly, I know that because I’m waking up an hour earlier ha ha.
    im glad your dental work was ok.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    I have had root canal treatment as well, it’s not a pleasant experience is it! I hope you got through it OK.

My goal for today and also tomorrow has been/is to get on with my A level economics as I have some relatively free days. :)

I also have set myself a goal which is insignificant to most but very significant to me - to go to a local shop on my own and buy some snacks. It is something I plan on doing some time over the next few days or weeks.
  • leeCal
    edited October 2020
    @66Mustang I was explaining to a nurse today how I can’t just go out walking and she suggested I use a bicycle. She said that a lot of people feel safer on a bike than just walking around, and of course you still get exercise which she knows I need. I had to agree I would feel safer on a bike.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    edited October 2020
    @leeCal thanks for the tip but for me it’s a psychological thing not a physical thing. 

I think I would feel worse on a bicycle knowing how drivers treat cyclists. I’m not one of them - I try to respect cyclists - but many drivers they are treated as an annoyance sadly.

I really appreciate the advice though.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @leeCal  Ooh a bicycle might be a good idea!  Do you have one already?  and yes, I'm still adjusting to the earlier darker nights too.  

@66Mustang Good luck with your study, I hope you are enjoying it.  Please let us know how you get on going to the shops, if you want to talk about it beforehand we are all here for you  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    Thank you @Cher_Scope I really appreciate the support  :)
  • leeCal
    I recently gave my bike away @Cher_Scope, to a friend though, so he might be willing to give it back or lend it to me. ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    My goal today is a fun one which is to set my new iPad up that I just picked up :smiley:
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Very exciting @66Mustang! Got any cool apps on there? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • 66Mustang
    Just my banking app so far :D 

I don’t tend to use that many apps, I just use the iPad for web / forum browsing and YouTube :)
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    My goal for tomorrow is to re home some carrots...I did the thing of thinking I'd ordered 6 loose carrots only to discover I'd ordered 6 bags of carrots...and to think I scored no points for managing finances! :D
  • 66Mustang
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    I am going   I am writing some fantastic  poetry today and another creative idea I have
    I hope you are fantastic and good health and wellness and safe?
    I just wondered what you all have planned for the weekend?

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• 66Mustang
    edited October 2020
    Hi @Globster that sounds really good. I look forward to reading it if you decide to share it with us.

This weekend it is my birthday (tomorrow) so we have a family member staying (we are still allowed to, we are in the lowest “tier” I believe) and have been for a meal and are having some meals at home.

Brightness