I ain't afraid of no ghost — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I ain't afraid of no ghost

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
On the back of @leeCal 's spookerific 'Spooky October' thread, I wanted your haunting musings about the creepy encounters you have had.

In-particular, I'm wondering: do you believe in ghosts?  have you ever visited a psychic, nay, do you even believe in psychics? Or has something happened that you could just not explain?

While if you are wanting a good ole dose of the paranormal on this All Hallows' Eve, check out these 20 best paranormal podcasts and have a brew while sat in the dark with the wind blowing a'gale outside.

Mwahahahahaha....

Hands holding a skull with pumpkins either side and lit candles
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• m_burrell82
    m_burrell82 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 171 Pioneering
    Maybe I wasn't long in the place I am when I was laying on my bed and it was as if someone had sat on me. I live alone and I was alone then.
    Being both a Unitarian and a Spiritualist, we hold that you can get stuff from all sorts of writings, like where-ever it says there is more in Earth and Heaven than....
    Being a Spiritualist we have messages from those The Other Side of Life. Normal times at the Churches. Now we have a Zoom Service from our Church. well, they've been able to give messages from those you've known on those Spiritualist Television Channels, so they managed to do so from those Zoom Services. I believe Ghosts are Spirits that haven't gone through the light to the Other Side of Life. This would be a live encounter also there are also residual encounters, like it is as if you are seeing a recording from that time. Those from other Religions are likely to have a different take on it.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    My brother in law used to run a four hundred year old pub which was haunted. People often felt someone brush by them from behind or felt unaccountably cold on occasion. It was commonly known to be haunted by at least one ghost. 

One night my brother in law who slept on the premises awoke to find the spectre of an old woman sitting on his legs. He was horrified and couldn’t move his legs so he yelled at the ghost in Anglo Saxon to get off! It did. And that was the end of it ...for that night anyway. True story.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    @m_burrell82 Wow, have you received a personal message before then?  How did it make you feel?  

@leeCal :o There's a lot of haunted pubs about isn't there?  My mum once had a weird experience in a local pub when she was washing her hands in the toilets.  Through the mirror she saw what appeared to be a fuzzy outline and mist of a person behind her.  She struggled to articulate it but said she sensed that it was a spirit.  

I've personally never had an encounter.  I once slept at the "most haunted pub in Chester" and when I woke for a pee during the night I run to the loo scared :D. Maybe I'm giving off resistant vibes!

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I know it’s all nonsense but I still have to check behind me when I’m alone in the dark...  :o
  • leeCal
    edited October 2020
    I’ve seen three psychics over the years, one of which was amazing but quite witchy. The latter read me like a book, she knew all about me and told me some things about me that only I knew. She also told me snippets of info about my future long into the future some of which has only recently happened. She was definitely the real thing. She didn’t give me any messages from my relatives who had passed over though which was odd. Frankly when I saw her I was too amazed to ask anything in particular. I remember her very well. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Marie88
    Marie88 Community member Posts: 114 Courageous
    I haven’t myself, but I did an Edinburgh ghost tour with my partner a couple of winter’s  ago, which took us down into the underground vaults. The vaults were really cold and creepy and afterwards my partner told me he felt something squeeze his foot while we were down there, but when he looked down there was nothing there.
  • m_burrell82
    Cher_Scope   I've had many personal messages now. I find it reassuring.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Oooh I've got chills.  This has actually reminded me of a photo we have of my dear departed nan holding my nephew as a baby.  On the photo there is a very visible white misty like 'entity' behind my nan.  We liked to think it was my grandad  <3

• leeCal
    Speaking of photos @Cher_Scope this appeared in our kitchen one evening 

Try zooming in to see it more clearly

― Dalai Lama XIV

• m_burrell82
    I have a calendar from Balham Spiritualist Church this year, which shows photos of Orbs. Here is about them:  https://paranormal.lovetoknow.com/Spirit_Orbs 
    I have decorations up at this time of year for Halloween, Thanksgivings  etc. The Halloween part of them will mostly be taken down after November 2nd, after The Day of the Dead. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    @leeCal What the heck  :o

@m_burrell82 That's fascinating.  What kind of decorations do you have up?  All the pumpkins were sold out in my area :(

• leeCal
    @Cher_Scope now Halloween is over I can tell you about the above picture. What you can’t see are ceiling lights shining on the draining board on the end of which are a pair of marigold rubber gloves! The shadow from one of them is most effective i think you’ll agree. ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    @leeCal Yes very effective, you got me there  :D

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    leeCal said:
    @Cher_Scope now Halloween is over I can tell you about the above picture. What you can’t see are ceiling lights shining on the draining board on the end of which are a pair of marigold rubber gloves! The shadow from one of them is most effective i think you’ll agree. ?
    What I liked about the picture was your floor tiles...they are so nice  :)
  • leeCal
    Thank you @Cress ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• m_burrell82
    I am a Spiritualist.  I have had messages from Mediums. Stuff that they couldn't have known otherwise.  I think that there are shows still on channels like Really, where they get evidence of Spirits.  (Like channels not owned by Sky.  They took all those shows off channels that they took over).   Then there is the show I'm always watching these days about spirits, UFOs etc:  The Unexplained with Howard Hughes, from 10pm to midnight, Sundays on Talk TV.  
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,636 Pioneering

Brightness