The good but bad catch game — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The good but bad catch game

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
I’m not sure how well this game will work out, it’s just a random idea I had!!

Basically you suggest something good that the next person can have but there has to be a catch. Then the next player has to decide if they want the good thing if they also have to accept the catch. Then they make their own offer up.

Example...

Player 1: You can be extremely intelligent but you have to become really ugly.

Player 2: Yes I accept! You will be really rich but you also stink and no deodorant will make you smell nice!

Player 3: No! You can......... etc............

Comments

• 66Mustang
    I will start with....

You can become invisible but you also are no longer able to talk.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    No, definitely not! I like talking too much  :D

You can have the running speed of a jaguar but the neck of a giraffe.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    Hmm the next of a giraffe could actually be quite useful but I’m going to say no :D

You can have the car of your dreams with a chauffeur included but you can’t drive it yourself :o
  • Cher_Alumni
    edited October 2020
    I'll take car and chauffeur.  I'm ready to be a backseat driver! 

You can have the voice of Beyonce but the dance moves of Anne Widdecombe  :D

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    Yes I accept that :D 

You can be the most intelligent person in the world at one thing but you lose all your common sense
  • Cher_Alumni
    No, I'd rather be semi intelligent and have common sense!

You can write like Shakespeare but talk like Joe Pasquale.

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    No, my texts and emails would be too long and I might be sued for plagiarism.

you can be the richest man in the world but unable to spend directly on yourself.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    Yes I accept that. I like to think if I was generous enough to others then they would buy me enough food/housing to survive that I couldn’t buy for myself.

You can travel anywhere in the world and live in hotels without paying but you can never return to your home country.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    No thank you if I couldn't take my children with me, & I know I can get homesick
    You can have your 7 most favourite recipes cooked for you each week, but have to eat them for a year

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Accept

You can have a luxury 8 bed 6 bath house but you are confined to the ground floor
  • 66Mustang
    Ha ha, sure that sounds like a decent deal!

You can eat as much food as you want without getting fat, but you have to give up your favourite food.
  • janer1967
    Certain no brainer

You can go on holiday as many times a year as you want without paying but you can only go to the same lace everytime 
  • 66Mustang
    Yes:smiley:

You can become fluent in several languages but you have to re learn English again!
  • janer1967
    Wouldnt go for this

You can go back to your life before your disability but you would only have 20 years to live 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    No, I don’t like that idea

you can paint like Rembrandt but never keep one of your own paintings or see one again.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    Sure thing I’d be happy with that one

You can be rich but a news story will be published that you are a terrible person!
  • Cher_Alumni
    Of course, other people's perceptions of me are their business!   Give me the moola.

You can go back in time but never return to the present day.

• 66Mustang
    I probably would do that. I would go back just 30-40 years or so. Not so long that the world is massively different, like medieval times, and still with decent healthcare and relatively decent rights for people. I’d also be fine for money because I would know what to invest into based on what is doing well today (Microsoft, Apple etc.) so could be quite rich and maybe enjoy some classic cars back when they were modern! Sorry, that was probably a more detailed answer than you wanted :D 

You can do the perfect job that you always wanted to do but you will be paid minimum wage
  • AndyGT
    AndyGT Community member Posts: 736 Pioneering
    No go with that.  For what the perfect job was (policeman,) it would take too much pain and discomfort that a minimum wage wouldn't  cover it.

You can be a great sports person but always lose in the semi final
  • 66Mustang
    My family member was a police officer and although it is a great job I agree with what you say. You have to put up with too much that minimum wage isn’t enough.

Anyway, I accept your one! Being great at sport would come in useful in other areas of life!

You will never have to do anything you don’t want to, like housework, but you have to give up your favourite hobby.

Brightness