Should I be worried PIP and lcwra reports — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I be worried PIP and lcwra reports

Options
lissyg
lissyg Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello

After waiting nearly 8 month for a decision I was award pip high rate for both. 

I recently applied for a WCA and was luckily awarded LCWRA. 

However I asked for a copy of my assessment report and it says it used my PIP claim assessment report (even though I didn’t send it) as evidence, can they do this? 

More worrying for me it says I live with my husband and adult son.

Me and my husband haven’t lived together for 5 years and my son is 17.

I’m very worried they’re going to say I shouldn’t be on a single claim and that it’s going to cause trouble with my UC and my council tax. 

Do I message them and explain? What do I do?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

Although they are different benefits with different criteria for most of the descriptors, there are some similar things on both. For example, i claim PIP Enhanced mobility and scored 12 points for moving around. I'm also in the Support Group for ESA (identical to LCWRA) i'm in this group for mobilising.

They do use the reports sometimes from one benefit to another. I wouldn't worry too much about what's written in that report about you living with your husband. If they do happen to ask questions in the future then just send evidence that he's not living with you. As for your son, although he's 17, that's almost an adult.

Would i message them? no, i would just leave it as it is.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.