were do i start i been well i dont know were to go who to go to what to do — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

were do i start i been well i dont know were to go who to go to what to do

Options
hello all ok so i get esa and pip this not about clasiming but 2 weeks ago i went to cash machaine all my money gone it was payday but zero i phoned bank they looked at my account and said it looked like someone was or had tried to takeover my account and in fact this money been going for months anyhow that was 13th oct and everything was passed over to the fraud team thing is my beniftis are my only income they took it all my pip and esa that day i not been able to pay bills go shopping dont get me wrong since then i had esa payment friday gone but all the bills from lasdt month went straight out of that i had 20 pound left still not had my stolen money refunded i littuary cannot buy food i cant stiop crying i cant sleep i getting nowere with bank i keep getting fobbed off by everywere i turn i suffer mental health and have tried several attemps to end it all but right now i back there i cant go on i dnt know what to do

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm sorry to hear this. What have the fraud department said about it? Do you know who took your money? Have you given anyone your bank details or bank card with your pin number?

It's not really DWPs fault that you had your money stolen. Once payment has been sent, unless it's returned to them then they won't do anything.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • noone_justme1
    noone_justme1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    fraud team investigating it they said they ber intouch by the 14th nov 
     no my card was in my poscession it not been taken it all been online they said no i know it not dwp fault at all i not sayin it is i just dont know what to do 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You should have received another ESA payment since your money was taken because it's paid every 2 weeks. Also your next PIP payment should be paid soon.

There's nothing more you can do really until you hear from the fraud department of your bank. Do you have family that you can borrow some money from until you get your next money? If you don't have someone to ask then you can ask for a food bank voucher, this will at least give you some food. This will will tell you where the food banks are in your area.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • noone_justme1
    noone_justme1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    yes if you read my post it says i been paid esa last friday honestly just forget it ok i was just trying to talk

• poppy123456
    Options
    I missed the part where you said you received your ESA last Friday because it was rather difficult to read your post with lack of punctuation.

If you don't have food and no family to ask for help then please use the link to check where the foodbank is in your area.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     Hi @noone_justme1 - & welcome to the community. I'm dreadfully sorry to read about what's happened, but there is help available. As well as looking for a food bank near you, many council's have some emergency funding to help if you could contact them. Please see: https://www.gov.uk/find-local-council
    Citizens Advice also offer other suggestions on this page, such as asking for more time to pay bills/rent: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/if-you-cant-pay-your-bills-because-of-coronavirus/
    Do you have any support for your mental health right now, as this is understandably very distressing?
    I'll also ask a member of the Scope team to reply. @Cher_Scope please can you help here please?

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hi @noone_justme1 I'm so glad you found us so we can support you through this difficult situation  <3

Times are really hard with the upcoming lockdown, pandemic and not seeing our loved ones so to be experiencing financial difficulties on top of it must feel like a lot.  I hope your bank gets in touch asap.

Your priority at the minute is you and your wellbeing.  As @chiarieds asked, are you under a mental health team or are you getting support from your GP?  It's important that you get help with your low mood and so I'd speak to someone asap about your feelings.

If this is not possible remember help is always at hand.  You can get in touch with listening services such as:
    If your feelings around ending your life persist and become overwhelming to the point you feel unsafe, make sure to call 999 and ask for an ambulance.

As an aside, you also need to keep your energy levels up so getting in touch with a local food bank could help you in the short term.  You can find your nearest on on this Trussell Trust webpage.  If you need any help with this give us a shout.

Lastly, a big supportive squeeze from me.  It won't always be like this and better days will come. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • charlie79
    charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Options
    Good Afternoon I am so sorry for the devastation and desperation you are suffering due to someone stealing your money, which I understand is a lifeline and something which no one should have to experience.
    Have you been looking online lately looking at websites for Christmas ect
    It was 3 years ago I had some money taken from my account online. I saw something similar to test new products for free on line. The website was nothing to do with the legit one.
    It asked for my card details and took a £1 payment to prove it was me and returned the funds straight away. I was thinking how honest and thought this must be legit, only to find a week later £100 was taken from my account without my knowledge.

• charlie79
    charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Options
    Also sometimes when you open emails and look at websites it opens a doorway for spyware to infect your laptop phone computer. If you have a laptop computer do you have virus protection. I couldn't claim my money back as I had originally done the 
    £1 transaction and with online fraud the laws offer you less protection than the physical world
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @noone_justme1 welcome on board

This is an awful situation for you to be in and I cant imagine how you are feeling. Have you explained to your bank that due to this you have no money to live off and could they provide a bridging loan or a temporary overdraft facility

Also try and contact CAB or welfare rights for advice 

I really hope you find a way out of this try and think it wont last forever also possibly get in touch with companies you have bills with to put your bills on hold till it is resolved

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.