Pip assessment today — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment today

tara2019
tara2019 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
Just a update had telephone pip assessment today I need to thank my daughter who is my carer for so much support I think it went well. But 1 n 1/2 hrs later after been grilled on same questions just put in different ways for me to talk about all my conditions and my mental health its so hard i broke down in tears several times i havent slept since Sat tomorrow I have uc assessment so need to do it all again im not sleeping again tonight theres no point my head is mush sorry for ranting on but I feel like I don't like my life now im 49 and I feel my life is over I just wish I was a able person but im not and I shouldnt be texting you cause I have 1 finger that works and can all us disabled people answer a question that my 4 yr old granddaughter could answer if I gave you a pound you purchased milk at 75p how much change. does this mean im absolutely fine no problems no disabilitys another question was im sat at doctors with my carer my daughter a old lady passes by she says helloo what would i do well in my head i would say to myself you 90 you walk  better than me im ranting on again sorry x

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done and good luck with the UC. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

It's impossible to even try to sepculate anything at this point. Wait about a week and then ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

Good luck for tomorrow's assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tara2019
    Thanks and yes poppy ive been here before I will be requesting both reports next week I will update after tomorrow's assessment 
  • ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    hi tara2019, hope all goes well for you which im sure it will. at 49 your life is far from over but know where you are coming from and sure others feel the same but dont give up or the bad side have won. im sure you must have lots of positives in your life so when down try and think of them. ill be thinking of you so chin up and be a winner.
  • tara2019
    Thankyou Ernie I do have good family support after assessment today I need to try and focus on new day new life on the things I can do with my conditions not what I could and used to do the next month of full lockdown going to be a very hard a long month and im not giving up my family support bubble 
  • poppy123456
    Support bubbles can still continue through this next lockdown. I'm in a support bubble with my elder daughter and grandson, which i'll continue to see.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tara2019
    Thats lovely poppy ive my mum and my son and my carer my daughter 
  • poppy123456
    Thank you. I'm glad you have your family for support!
  • tara2019
    My daughter here now time to have breakfast and get prepared for uc assessment I will update you after thanks for all your support ? 
  • ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    tara2019 said:
    Thankyou Ernie I do have good family support after assessment today I need to try and focus on new day new life on the things I can do with my conditions not what I could and used to do the next month of full lockdown going to be a very hard a long month and im not giving up my family support bubble 
    hi tara, yes thats exactly what you, ve got to do. your not on your own as i get days like that where my mental health kicks in bad and im in tears and not afraid to show it and all because of something and nothing and at 67 i cant do loads i used to be able to do which does my head in. there are lots of lovely folks on here who i reckon could get you through anythng so never be afraid to ask.hope you are having a wonderfull day.
  • tara2019
    Thanks again for your kind words and support have had my uc assessment think it went well wont no till get reports next week didnt even ask for info on my mental health she said had enough info in my evidence n supporting letters I can now relax a bit my sons coming to see me t time and making my favourite tea ? ? x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad they are now both over and hope you really enjoy your favourite tea being cooked for you as well lucky you
  • tara2019
    I'm glad its over for now never again lol do I want another 2 days full of assessments I also think ill beable to sleep tonight as both pip n uc forms etc back in shoe box hidden under the stairs ? 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @tara2019 I imagine its a huge relief that both assessments are over and I understand your frustration at the process you have had to go through. 

Fingers crossed for the outcome and you getting a good nights sleep :)  Let us know how you get on.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • tara2019
    I will and yes glad its over ? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.