Rheumatoid arthrhitis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Rheumatoid arthrhitis

Sparklebright62
Sparklebright62 Community member Posts: 37 Listener
Hi to all'

I am a 58 year old lady I have just found out I have R. Arthritis but I am not allowed to stay on steroids as I have diabetes too I also get lots of fatigue if I don't sleep when I need 2 I have blown it as then I wake up like was tired earlier but I've woke up a bit now is this only me or not
I have no energy when I need to do something
Tommorow will be fun as am looking after my granddaughter so will see how that goes.
I would luv to chat to other ladies who have this condition. 

Sparklebright62 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

You may be better off posting this in the arthritis section to get more responses rather then the visual and hearing section 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sparklebright62

I've moved this to our invisible impairments section so others with Rheumatoid Arthritis can spot it and speak with you :)

Have your medical team discussed a long term plan for when you finish your steroids?

I hope you manage okay with your granddaughter tomorrow and have a lovely day together.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    I know that we have quite a few other members who live with RA, so hopefully some of them will pop up @Sparklebright62

@RAwarrior, I hope you don't mind me tagging you, but I thought maybe you'd be able to offer some insight? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    Hi @Sparklebright62

I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis.

I started a Rheumatoid Arthritis thread a while ago and as a starting point you might wish to read the comments as there is a lot of very useful information contained in the thread which has been provided by members of the online community.

I would also recommend that if you want to obtain information about Rheumatoid Arthritis that you look at two websites which are NRAS and Versus Arthritis. They are reputable charities which provide useful information. They also have helplines.

It’s important that you seek advice from proper sources as there is lot of information out there which is either untrue or could be harmful including stuff about miracle cures.

It’s very important that you follow the advice from your Rheumatologist or Rheumatology Nurse as one of the things you might come across is people offering you advice. 

Sometimes people mean well but it important that you follow the medical advice. I am not trying to make you anxious however, you will need to follow the medical advice especially because the medicine which you are likely to be prescribed with can interact with other things including herbal remedies.

I was given lots of advice by people when I was first diagnosed including advice about special diets which would cure me which I ignored.

If you have any questions please let me know and I will try to answer?

That’s fine as I like helping other people with Rheumatoid Arthritis especially people who are newly diagnosed because I know it can be a worrying or uncertain time.

Perhaps you could post the link to the Rheumatoid Arthritis thread which I started to assist @Sparklebright62
    as I don’t know how to do it?
  • Tori_Scope
    Thanks for sharing, and good idea @RAwarrior :) This is the link to your Rheumatoid Arthritis thread

In case you're interested, this is how you can add a link:
    • Visit the thread that you want to link to. If it's your own thread, the quickest way to do this would probably be to visit your profile page, and click 'discussions' to view the list of discussions you've started
    • Copy the URL from the URL bar at the top of your browser
    • Highlight the text in the comment or post you're writing that you want to attach the link to, and click on the icon that looks like a chain link, to the right of the 'emoji' icon
    • Paste the URL in and click 'OK'
    Here are some pictures, in case that helps:

• RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    Hi @Tori_Scope,

You’re welcome and thanks for explaining how to share the link?

I thought it might be easier because myself and others have already posted a lot of information in that thread so it would be a good starting point for @Sparklebright62
  • Tori_Scope
    No problem, and you're absolutely right @RAwarrior

Brightness