Free speech — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Free speech

Aspiemike
Aspiemike Community member Posts: 35 Connected
scope are no different than the rest of the media Autisic people have a different view on the world and being ignored by the world in their fight for justice now scope have equally done the same in taking away the voice of the most vulnerable, I'm fearful for the disabled community who have no voice .

Comments

• Aspiemike
    edited November 2020
    Removed by moderator.
  • Aspiemike
    ide like to see how long this new discussion stays open but I'm used to being ignored. 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    You're stating opinions as fact.
    Quite dangerous opinions...free speech comes with responsibility.

• Aspiemike
    I have attempted suicide 3 times in my life because I've been ignored 
  • Aspiemike
    Everything i have said is fact not opinion 
  • Aspiemike
    If it doesn't fit in with the Government narrative it is classed as lies and a conspiracy but I thought scope was different. How wrong I was 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    @Aspiemike Thank you for your thread and I'm sorry you feel that your voice isn't being heard in this instance.  We understand your thoughts and you are being listened to.

Understandably, there are a diverse range of opinions about the pandemic based on personal interpretation of the data and we aim to allow free speech on the community as much as possible to reflect this.

However, we are also guided by the online community guidelines and where opinions might be dangerous or offensive to others we act accordingly. 

In future posts please also bear in mind our 'keep it safe' advice which states:
    Please be careful about sharing information:
    • Always check that information you get is correct and appropriate.
    • Do not present opinions as facts.
    • Share only trusted resources.
    If you have any other questions about this or any of our admin decisions, please contact the team via email at community@scope.org.uk or feel free to submit feedback via the chatbot link in my signature.  Thank you.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Aspiemike
    Si is this new post staying up 
  • Aspiemike
    all trusted media 
  • Cress
    Aspiemike said:
    You're not being ignored.
    I'm disagreeing with you.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Aspiemike said:
    @Aspiemike I'm sorry to hear this and want to reiterate that we see you and you aren't being ignored.

We care about your well-being and want to keep you safe so should you ever feel that you may act on suicidal thoughts, please call 999 immediately and ask for an ambulance.

Also, if you want to talk to someone about any distressing thoughts you may be experiencing, please:
    • call The Samaritans on 116 123 or email jo@samaritans.org.uk
    • or text 'SHOUT' to 85258 to speak to a trained crisis volunteer from Shout
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cress
    Aspiemike said:
    Everything i have said is fact not opinion 
    Not true.You cannot state as a fact that covid doesn't exist.

• Aspiemike
    Is this post staying open including the video 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Hi @Aspiemike

We have removed the video, but the discussion will remain open. We ask that every user ensures that they are kind and respectful to one another when commenting in any thread, including this one of course.

Differing opinions and ideas are welcomed, we pride ourselves on our diverse range of users, however we don't allow opinions being presented as facts, in line with our community guidelines.

As mentioned above, you are welcome to provide feedback through the chat bot below, or email the community team at community@scope.org.uk if you wish to discuss this further.
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    I read your previous thread which i can only see as your opinion, it's really not anything to do with facts. Sadly, Covid is very much real!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Freedom of speech is very much alive and well in the UK, trying to spread opinion as fact and using social media to do that is imho very wrong. There are people here and across the country who are rightly very concerned about covid 19 and the last thing they need is rumour and rubbish being spouted at them.
    I should imagine there are plenty of opportunities for you to spread your disinformation on facebook twitter etc, my suggestion is that would be better suited to you than scope where our main aim is to help, advise and support people.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    I am really fed up with people saying that Covid 19 does not exist because for people like me who are in the Shielding Group Covid is a very real worry.

I agree with @woodbine that Scope is a place for people to try to help and support one another. I have come across members with a wide range of health and disability issues on here. However, regardless of the nature of the disability, the things that I think we all have in common is that we all want to help and support each other.  I have found it to be a place where I have been able to contribute without feeling judged and I have been supported by many members of the online community.

It is very important that any information which is posted is from a reliable source. I do not think that Scope is the place for wrong and potentially harmful information to be posted. That type of information should not be posted on this type of forum (or anywhere else) because it is simply not the place.

Covid 19 is a very real worry for me especially when so many people ignore the rules regarding the wearing of face coverings and do not adhere to social distancing. I don't feel safe to go to the shops because most people ignore the rules and even at the hospital there are many people (staff and patients) who don't wear a face covering properly because they wear it under their nose or chin. 

Please don't say Covid 19 is not real because if I contract it, I am highly likely to end up in hospital. People who continue to say that Covid 19 is not real are risking my health  and the health of others because they don't do what they are supposed to do to protect others. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Aspiemike :) I just wanted to check-in to see how you were doing today? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness