What’s the oldest thing you own? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What’s the oldest thing you own?

Options
Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
edited November 2020 in Coffee lounge
I own a troll character which I've had from a young age 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Tammyjane33

Thank you for posting this question, I have moved the discussion out of the welcomes and introductions category and into one that's more appropriate.

Please may I ask you to be mindful of the category in which you post your discussions, there are numerous in the welcomes category :)  I will be moving them all.

Thank you
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,577 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great question, I’m not sure...

I own a watch which is 27 years old.

I think I own some money which is older than that, I do have a £1 military note which I will have to check the age of.

One of my teddy bears is also as old as me. (27)

I think I own some old books and games which belonged to my parents as well. They may be 40 years old or more. :smiley:
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I own my great great grandads solid silver pocket watch hallmarked 1871
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have 6 bibs edged with hand-made lace, the finest of which my son wore at his Christening. Many years ago we'd visited the Bowes Museum as they had someone demonstrating pillow lace-making, which I wanted to see, as well as their Canaletto's! They had a few mid 18th century lace-edged bibs on display, & the ones I have are in better condition. Having dealt in linen & lace, I knew they were old, but wasn't sure exactly how old.
    I also have a George 111 twopence piece dated 1797 (not in fine condition) which had belonged to my parents.
    The oldest thing I ever had was an early book of Common Prayer circa 1650, which my son researched, & found it had been owned by an Irish archbishop. There again we had dealt in antiques, & later had an antiquarian & secondhand book shop, so I've seen a few interesting things. :)
  • Parrot123
    Parrot123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    Options
    I collect weymess pottery. And steiff limited edition bears. I have approx 100 9f each. Silver. Claris Cliff. I'm a mad collecter. Will x
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Will, we once had a rare Clarice Cliff applique Windmill plate, only 3 thought to have been made, & not known if the other 2 still existed. That was rather nice, but bought all our carpets, curtains, & other soft furnishings in our next home over 30 years ago! Sadly you can't keep everything, tho I prefer the more muted tones of Royal Dux porcelain. Now why am I not surprised you collect Wemyss pottery, given were you live?
    I am envious of your Steiff bears! :)
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Technically, the oldest things I own are around 180 million years old...  They haven't been in my possession for the entire time though.  ;)

I'm sure most of you will have guessed, they're fossils from the Jurassic coast.  :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When I moved house 2 years ago I had a massive clearout and got rid of a lot of stuff and now I have replaced everything for new as this was the start of my new life so out with thr old in with the new

However I do have a build a bear I had made when I lost my first baby due to miscarraige and that is 17 years old and will always be kept 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That one's hard to beat @OverlyAnxious :D 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness