NOA1 form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

NOA1 form

TeddyB22
TeddyB22 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
I'm about to fill this in. I'm going to keep it short and just ask them to give me the one point I need for nutrition and therefore giving me Enhanced DL. I've left everything to the last minute and I need to send it off tomorrow to make the 1 month deadline since receiving the MR notice. I've no medical or mental health input as I've not seen the doctor in a year and my Occupational Therapist moved on and the Mental Health Team refused to give me her new address.
Tbh I'm finding it very stressful this time. Cit Advice have been no help and I'm not even sure they will represent me at appeal. There's a section on the form that specifically asks for the name of a representative. Should I just put i don't know yet? I wish I had more time and I know it's my fault but I often can't make important decisions for myself. I get anxious and then depressed and then the whole thing seems pointless.
I'm hoping they might give me the additional point and not have to go to Tribunal. Is this possible?
Anyway hope everyone is well. Christmas round the corner. Not sure how I feel about that. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    You actually have 13 months to request the appeal, not one month.

Medical evidence is not needed because it rarely states exactl how your conditions affect you.  You are the best person to give that evidence because you are the only person that knows exactly how your conditions affect you. Ancedotal evidence will always be the best you can send.

Noone can tell you whether they'll make the decision on paper alone, if they do it's a bonus but you shouldn't expect them to make the decision on paper alone. At the moment it's mostly telephone hearings, whether this will still be the case when you get your hearing date, i have no idea.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TeddyB22 - don't worry that you don't have any medical, mental health or OT input. What matters is your own anecdotal evidence. You mention nutrition, so you need to describe the problems you have with this, considering how you were at the time of your assessment, giving a couple of detailed examples. So do you need an aid in order to eat &/drink, assistance, supervision or prompting?
    You also need to be able to do any relevant activity 'reliably,' i.e. safely.... might you choke, or spill a lot of your food, eat too much/too little? Does it cause pain, or a lot of discomfort? Does it take you a long time to eat or drink, or leave you exhausted by the activity? Now if any of these are the difficulties you face you need to say what exactly happened, why do you have this problem, when did it happen, did anyone else witness this, & was their a consequence in attempting/doing this, or any other activity?
    If you don't have a rep, I would just leave that section blank, as it's about if you have a rep now.
    I'm sorry to read that you are understandably feeling stressed by all this, & hope you get the outcome you mention. Good luck.
  • TeddyB22
    Thanks Poppy & Chiarieds
    I'm going to stop tonight and pick it up again when I'm less stressed out. 
    I wonder what I could tell them in regards to being late? Just that I feel overwhelmed? Also as I had my Mobility take off me at a Supersession is it possible for me to withdraw my appeal once I send it in? I'm afraid they might reassess my whole claim and take my remaining daily living middle rate off me.
    Ps. I ran out of ink and can you believe I don't have one single black pen in the house?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    If you think you should have been awarded the mobility part as well is there any reason why you're not appealing that too? You really should do that, if you think you should be awarded it.

If there's a chance you could lose what you already have then usually warn you before this happens. This will then you give the chance to stop the appeal and take the award you currently have.

Also, you don't need a pen to request the appeal, this can all be online here... https://www.gov.uk/appeal-benefit-decision/submit-appeal

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Is it perhaps a different form for those in Northern Ireland @poppy123456 ? The OP mentioned a NOA1 form, so perhaps this: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/sites/default/files/publications/Appeal Form NOA1(SS) .pdf

• TeddyB22
    Yes the form is different for N. I. I've already printed it out. There's really not a lot of room on it. 
    I am going to appeal the Mobility Poppy. 
    I still don't know what to write in the 'why is appeal late' section. Any ideas? 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TeddyB22! It looks like you're getting some useful help for your enquiry. I just wanted to ask whether you were receiving any support for your mental health at the moment? 

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • TeddyB22
    Hi @TeddyB22! It looks like you're getting some useful help for your enquiry. I just wanted to ask whether you were receiving any support for your mental health at the moment? 

Hi Tori. I finished a 6 week Occupational Health course a few months back but apart from the odd appointment with my Psychogist I don't see anyone. My OT did sign me up for classes, Wellness & so on but I couldn't go. I have a social phobia and get panic attacks.
    Thanks for asking. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @TeddyB22 Hello there and good luck with challenging the PIP decision :)

I'm sorry you weren't able to make it to the wellness classes.  I wonder, would it be worth informing your GP about not being able to attend to explore what other options are available to you?   For instance, telephone counselling or online classes.  

In the meantime, should you ever feel like you would benefit from speaking to someone urgently about your feelings, you can use this NHS webpage to find a local urgent mental health helpline.  Equally, our online community is always on hand for support whenever you need us.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • TeddyB22
    Thank you Cher. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.