mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

mandatory reconsideration

ketokid
ketokid Community member Posts: 51 Connected
Hi im gutted got a letter back this morning saying they have looked at my claim again , and can still only give me two points, absolutely furious, feel worthless :'(  

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear that and you are not worthless just keep fighting if you think you deserve more not all MR are successful but then go on to win at tribunal 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear that @ketokid

As mentioned above, you aren't worthless at all and there is still a chance for you to appeal the decision further at a tribunal. Will you be going down this route? 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Before the first lockdown MR decision success rate was about 17%. It did increase to just over 50% or say they say, not that i believe them. Although now that success rate is now begining to fall back to where it was before.

If you still think you're entitled then it's Tribunal next. This can be done online here. https://www.gov.uk/appeal-benefit-decision/submit-appeal

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • anxiousbird
    anxiousbird Community member Posts: 162 Pioneering
    @poppy123456 hi poppy. I read one of your other msgs too where you mentioned this 50% figure. Where did you get it from? I tried searching on google but couldn’t find it. 
    Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    It makes no difference now anyway because those figures have drastically reduced.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • TheFutureEmbrace
    TheFutureEmbrace Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    @ketokid May I ask when you applied?
  • ketokid
    Hi i sent my mandatory recon letter signed for on oct 21st , got the no no letter this morning :'(
  • poppy123456
    That was quite a quick decision but personally, i think it's better to have the decision quickly because now you can request the Tribunal.

Was this a review, a first time claim or transferring from DLA?
  • Masha
    Masha Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    If you have any problems with benefits (being stopped) contact your local authority Welfare Rights Team. They will assist you with your mandatory reconsideration or tribunal.
  • poppy123456
    Masha said:
    If you have any problems with benefits (being stopped) contact your local authority Welfare Rights Team. They will assist you with your mandatory reconsideration or tribunal.

Unfortunately, some people are not that lucky to have a welfare rights near them. Although at the moment any help/advice would most likely be through a phone call. Best place to start with this would be here. https://advicelocal.uk/

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    I’m sorry this has happened please take this to tribunal don’t give up we are all here to support you 
  • ketokid
    Hi, ive rang the dwp to get a copy of the assecors report, and also rang  to start an appeal ,
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2020
    ketokid said:
    Hi, ive rang the dwp to get a copy of the assecors report, and also rang  to start an appeal ,

Rang to start an appeal? may i ask who you rang for this? If it was DWP then that's not what you need to do.

It's HMCTS that deal with Tribunals and not DWP. You can do this online here.... https://www.appeal-benefit-decision.service.gov.uk/benefit-type

• ketokid
    Hi poppy, i rang the Dwp to ask for a copy of the full assessment report because she said things that were not correct . then i rang the appeal benefits and they have sent a link to our comp to fill in my partner is doing this for me , thanks for the info 
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2020
    Regarding the report, i wouldn't advise you to concentrate too much on this because this isn't going to get you a PIP award. They won't be interested in any lies that may have been told in the report. In fact it could even harm your case by doing this. You need to concentrate on where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why.

You will also receive the report in the "bundle"
  • ketokid
    oh ok poppy i wont bother with the report then thanks
  • ketokid
     ohh forgot to say the decision letter i got on sat was signed office manager, i thought that was a bit strange
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2020
    Sounds like a case manager made the decision, nothing strange with that.
  • ketokid
    oh ok thanks poppy.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.