Meeting Like-Minded People With Similar Interests — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Meeting Like-Minded People With Similar Interests

Options
csno01
csno01 Community member Posts: 390 Pioneering
Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all ok and keeping safe and well? 

Recently, I have noticed that meeting new people can be a challenge, particularly when you have a disability. I have tried various things and find that I am struggling to find the right group. Is there anyone else in this situation?

My interests include: Music Making and listening, Going to concerts and music festivals. Of course this has been put on hold for the moment. I also enjoy Walking and Jogging. 

I was wondering if there was anyone else in the same situation. My impairments include: visual impairment and mild cerebral palsy.

Thank you for reading.
CSno01

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @csno01

Meeting new people can certainly be a challenge. One of the things i love about this online community is how diverse our members are, it's really easy to find people with similar interests on here.

You have some awesome hobbies there! Going to concerts and music festivals is pretty much my favourite thing to do, obviously pre-pandemic. I can't wait until I can go again.

What sorts of artists have you seen in concert and what festivals have you attended? I'm also visually impaired and I volunteer for Attitude is Everything, that has provided a great opportunity for me to get involved in a sector I'm passionate about, and brings the chance of meeting new people.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • csno01
    Options
    Hi Ross, 
    Thank you for your message. I hope you are keeping safe during this unprecented time? Thank you. It is nice to know that there are others out there with similar interests. With regards to live music and concerts, I recently saw Stereophonics on their Kind Tour. They were excellent. I also saw Foo Fighters a couple of years ago.   They can definately play a show! 
    I have heard of Attitude is Everything. That sounds really interesting. How did you get involved if you dont mind me asking?
    Csn01
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I really like Foo Fighters @csno01I've never seen them live, but my brother has and he said they were great. What's your favourite song? 

Here are some recent music threads you could get involved with:
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • csno01
    Options
    Hi Tori,
    Nice to hear from you. 
    Ooh thats a difficult one, as there are so many! 
    If I was to pick one song, it would be My Hero. 
    Thank you for the suggestions. I will take a look. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yeah there are lots of good ones @csno01! I like My Hero too. It's the kind of song I can only sing along to when no one else is around :D 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I saw Foo Fighters in 2019 @csno01 and @Tori_Scope, they were fantastic. 

My Hero was a beautiful moment, Dave Grohl sang it with his daughter.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • csno01
    Options
    I saw Foo Fighters in 2019 @csno01 and @Tori_Scope, they were fantastic. 

My Hero was a beautiful moment, Dave Grohl sang it with his daughter.
    Hi Ross,
    where did you see them? I saw them at Ethihad Stadium. 

Brightness