Brill news — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Brill news

tara2019
tara2019 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
edited November 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all im so pleased I've been awarded limited capability for work and work related activity so pleased this battle is over now I need advice on back pay etc I put my sicknote in on Feb 14th 20 my assessment periods are 09 Feb to 10th March and so on theres been no gaps with sick notes I put the uc50 form in March 16th can someone work this out thanks 
Tagged:

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done ?!

perhaps @poppy123456 could work it out for you?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• tara2019
    Thanks ino poppy will help she is great ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news!

It will depend on whether you reported your health condition when you first claimed UC. There's a 3 month waiting period but it's 3 full assessment periods. LCWRA is then paid from the 4th month of your claim.

If you did report the condition when you first claimed then LCWRA will be backdated to June.
    If you didn't report the health condition when you first claimed UC then the LCWRA will be backdated to July.

Full details will be uploaded onto your journal within the next week.

Hope this helps.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tara2019
    Yes thanks poppy I did report this in feb then handed in sick notes also my daughter is my full time carer she has had on her uc journal extra payment sdp from March what is this
    Thanks poppy
  • tara2019
    And hopefully tomorrow should receive the pip assessment report hopefully its good news as today's 
  • poppy123456
    tara2019 said:
    Yes thanks poppy I did report this in feb then handed in sick notes also my daughter is my full time carer she has had on her uc journal extra payment sdp from March what is this
    Thanks poppy

No problem, then it should be backdated to June.

It's definitely not the SDP because this isn't paid when claiming UC. It's most likely the carers element which is £160 extra per month in her UC payments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tara2019
    Thanks poppy yes that rings a bell 160 extra money does she get this as well as carers allowance uc and her 10hrs cleaning job 
    Sorry for all questions 

• tara2019
    Is that extra carers payment back dated as well 
  • poppy123456
    The carers allowance is deducted in full from her UC payment. You don't need to claim carers allowance to be able to claim the carers element of UC. It's very difficult to get the carers element backdated unless she reported being your carer previously.
  • tara2019
    I see poppy as soon as I won pip at tribunal she applied for carers allowance from nov 18 but was only awarded carers allowance beginning of March 20 as she worked before that date and looked after me it also says on her journal carers element from March thanks for info will update you when received pip report 
  • poppy123456
    Just so she's aware carers allowance will pay her the backdated money but because she was claiming universal credit at the time then she will have an overpayment for UC. This is because she can't recieve the carers allowance twice. Complicated but it happens every time. As advised, you don't need to claim carers allowance to be entitled to the carers element of UC.
  • tara2019
    You've lost me poppy is it best she stop the carers allowance and carers element and just claim uc 10hr job and still care for me for free she also has 2 children and rents her home 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done @tara2019 :)  That's fab news and it must be a real relief.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    I'm not surprised lol it's complicated. No, absolutely not, no need to stop it. It's just the carers allowance will be deducted in full from her UC entitlement and then she'll receive the carers allowance separately. The carers element will be added to her UC entilement. Works out she'll be £160 per month better off.
  • tara2019
    Thanks cher and thankyou poppy I am over the moon with the result lets just hope tomorrow pip report doesn't let me down and ill let my daughter no about carer element x
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2020
    You're welcome,

Have you had your PIP award already? I'm sure i read a post from you? If i'm correct then why would the PIP report let you down? Sorry but i'm comfused.

Edit to add, nope i got you confused with someone else lol. You're still waiting on the PIP decision, is that correct?
  • tara2019
    No poppy hsd pip assessment last tues had a text fri that dwp received report i rung them fri to get copy of report now just waiting for it to arrive i hoping tomorrow and I will no by the report were points are 
  • poppy123456
    Yes i looked back at your previous threads. Thanks for that though. My head does get confused sometimes, probably because i advise so many people here lol.

I'm sure you'll let us know once you receive the report. -fingers crossed- for you!
  • tara2019
    Thankyou poppy youve been a great help and of course will be updating bad or good news but for today the good news has worn me out going to settle down n watch soaps  ? 
  • poppy123456
    As always, you're very welcome :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.