Bubble Trouble? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bubble Trouble?

gaz1960
gaz1960 Community member Posts: 292 Pioneering
Thought it might be a topic during this latest lockdown, to see how anyone and everyone to express how,and if they are coping with a "social bubble"! Do you have one? Are people finding it hard to actually have a social bubble with family or friends or just a  lack of a bubble? 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    We are doing as we did in lockdown1, keeping ourselves to ourselves, going shopping for food once a week and that's it.
    It was far far easier first time round as the weather was great and we spent our time in the garden, harder this time due to the weather and shorter days, only 23 more days to go though.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm in a support bubble with my daughter and grandson, which i'm extrmely happy about. I don't have any friends where i live and these are the only 2 people i ever see, even in normal times.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I had a support bubble the first lockdown which was my boyfriend who lived local, however we are not together now so I have no bubble as my family dont live near me and have their own lives to lead and they support my mum

I have my son who is great help but he is isolating currently due to confirmed case in his class, so I cant have him do my small errands and finding it hard to get online shopping slot

Oh well sure we will get by
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    We managed to get a delivery from asda at weekend, something we couldn't get during lockdown1, @janer1967 have you tried Iceland we've no problems getting deliveries from them.?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine Iceland dont deliver to my postcode there is only Asda and Sainsburys, going t look again later today

I can get out myself if my son helps me out but I dont normally go on my own due to my limited vision I wouldnt want to knock anyone down on my scooter 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    janer1967 said:
    I had a support bubble the first lockdown which was my boyfriend who lived local, however we are not together now so I have no bubble as my family dont live near me and have their own lives to lead and they support my mum

I have my son who is great help but he is isolating currently due to confirmed case in his class, so I cant have him do my small errands and finding it hard to get online shopping slot

Oh well sure we will get by
    I'm sorry to hear you aren't together with your boyfriend anymore :(  Big squeezy hugs from me.  I hope you are doing okay.

I'm in a bubble with my household (me and partner) and my mum who lives alone.  I haven't seen her in a while because she was awaiting a test which has today come back negative, so that's good news as I've had to leave her meals/food on her back step!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    My son & daughter-in-law live only a few houses away & are in my social bubble as I live alone. My son has decided that, as he works in a small, yet busy food retailer, neither of them will come into my home, rather visit me in the garden during this 2nd lockdown. He feels that if I got Covid-19 it could only have come from him, as I don't go anywhere. It's hard, but I know he's looking after me....

Brightness