Tribunals — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunals

river123
river123 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
Hi so I’ve gone in for an appeal, I’ve been told it will be a paper base appeal.. I have just had all the paperwork sent from dwp to myself. Does anyone know how long this could take for me to get a decision? 
Many thanks..

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Who told you it will be paper based? I beleive these are still quite rare and most have telephone hearings.

There's no timescales but waiting times are not as long as they were but this is for telephone hearings.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,602 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @river123. I don’t no anything about paper based, but my appeal was requested on June 29th and my appeal by telephone is next Wednesday, so I’ve waited 5 months, which is really quick, as Iv had one before and waited over a year, good luck when it comes. 
  • river123
    @poppy123456 pip appeals have said its paper base and just said I will recieve my descion letter in the post. @Lou67 thank you and aw good luck with yours too 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,602 Disability Gamechanger
  • poppy123456
    PIP appeals? Which i'm assuming you mean HMCTS. For paper decison's i believe they make these when they have the time to do it and you won't know the decision's been made until you receive the letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • river123
    yes hmcts, I’ve heard that paper ones arnt as long of a waiting time so hopefully I should find out soon. Thank you 
  • river123
    Hi @Username_removed I think I requested paper based when I was filling it in as I didn’t want to go the actual hearing it’s self, I didn’t realise you can have a telephone hearing until later on as I would of chosen that. Do not many paper hearings get a good outcome then? 
  • river123
    @Username_removed
    Was that 92% success rate on paper hearings or oral hearings? ?
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    River I wish you luck . 
  • river123
  • river123
  • river123
    Well we will see them figures you have heard may not but be
    100 percent accurate. 
  • river123
    Also you can’t really say that the success rate will always be the same on paper hearings..
  • poppy123456
    river123 said:
    Well we will see them figures you have heard may not but be
    100 percent accurate. 

They are accurate. Mike would not give inaccurate information.
  • river123
    @poppy123456 Things change every day! So about the paper hearings being 5% to 8% success rate, and will always stay the same?.. isn’t accurate in my eyes as you never know if they are going to change that as you and mike are not the ones making them decisions.
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2020
    Paper hearing success rate has always been low and yes i know that we don't make the decisions, i never said we did.

My advice is, if you can do the telephone hearing or attend in peron (which ever it will be at the time) you should do that, rather than continue with your paper request.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.