Pip report update — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip report update

Options
tara2019
tara2019 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
Hi all just a update on my assessment report if they go with the report I scored 16 on daily living and 12 on mobility I know this would give me enhanced on both I'm not happy with the report there is still points I should of been awarded especially on mobility planning a journey I no longer go out with out someone with me and also the time of length given is 18 months my conditions are never gonna get better only get worse my question is when I receive the award letter get this in payment can I with help reconsideration on the mobility and length of time awarded 
Thanks everyone

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hi,

There's absolutely no point at all requesting the MR for the points you think you should have scored on the mobility because you have 12 points recommended and this would be the highest award, if they go with the report. It would be a waste of your time and theirs by doing this.

Yes, you can request the MR for the length of time but you will need to prove that your conditions are not going to improve anytime in the future. Do be aware though that they will look at the whole award again when requesting the MR. Whether you will risk any award you may already have i have no idea and no one on an internet forum can tell you this.

You should get some expert advice before requesting the MR for the length of time but either way you can't do anything until the decision's been made.

Edit to add, even with a Tribunal, once you've scored enough points for the highest award they will stop and won't look at any other activities because there would be no reason to score you anymore points.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tara2019
    Options
    Thanks poppy for your excellent advice ill wait for award letter now and if for any reason they drop points from 16 and 12 then I'll have to mr it but if enhanced on both at least it should be backdated to March and would the review 18 months from March or 18 months the award letter 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're welcome. They usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it. Although sometimes they do go against it for the length of time but you'll still need to wait and see what the decision is.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @tara2019 Sounds like a positive for you hope they go with the report as said if you get enhanced for both I would leave it alone as you wont get higher than this. Even if you got more points it wouldnt do you any good, as for the length of award is this your first claim as I think most often first claims are awarded a shorter length

I got 2 years for my first award then 6 years after next review and my condition will never change I wont grow my leg back or suddenly get my sight back

Fingers crosses for your award
  • tara2019
    Options
    Hi janer no this was my change of circumstances I applied for pip 29th nov 18 didn't receive enough points so had to tribunal 86 weeks later got an award then now from March 20 change in circumstances so looks like I'll have a yr of relief and have to start all over again ? at least uc lcwra assessment recognised all my health conditions and that my conditions will never get better only worse but ill be prepared when the time comes 
    Thanks ill update you when I receive the dreaded brown letter lol 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I was the other way round got PIP with no appeals but had to go  tribunal for LCWRA which was a joke as I was housebound at the time
  • tara2019
    Options
    Omg it just seems so unfair but at least you got everything now and fingers crossed ? so do I 
    Thanks ? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.