Smile :-) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Smile :-)

csno01
csno01 Community member Posts: 387 Pioneering
Who has a Profile picture?

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    I don’t like sharing my face online so I have a picture of a 1966 Ford Mustang instead :D
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Me too @66Mustang

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• RacheleLeahSilvera
    RacheleLeahSilvera Scope Member Posts: 77 Courageous
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    My dog, Harry Potter does...
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Great name for a dog that is :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Led to some confusion at the vets at first...sitting in the waiting room and hearing "mrs Potter and Harry please" lol
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I see more than enough of my face walking past the bathroom mirror, don't want to see it any more than I have to and wouldn't want to subject everyone else to it either!  :D

I think profile pictures do help quickly recognise a poster though so chose a character with a similar personality to my own.   :p
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I dont at moment but will do one day as I use my laptop most of time to come on forum and I only have pics on my phone so will do it at some time
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    It's nice to see your faces but I get why some of you prefer not to.  Unfortunately, you can't get away from my mug glaring back at you :D
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • csno01
    66Mustang said:
    I don’t like sharing my face online so I have a picture of a 1966 Ford Mustang instead :D
    I am guessing you like your cars? 
  • csno01
    @csno01
    I do
    Hi Rachele, 
    Welcome to the group. Nice to see you here. How are you? 
  • csno01
    Cress said:
    Led to some confusion at the vets at first...sitting in the waiting room and hearing "mrs Potter and Harry please" lol
    Hi Cress,
    i bet that was funny. I hope you are well. 
  • 66Mustang
    csno01 said:
    66Mustang said:
    Correct :smiley: I like driving mostly, it doesn’t really matter what the car is, but I do also like cars!
  • csno01
    66Mustang said:
    csno01 said:
    66Mustang said:
    Correct :smiley: I like driving mostly, it doesn’t really matter what the car is, but I do also like cars!
    Thats good. I have heard driving can be therapeutic / enjoyable for some people.
    You would be happy driving an old banger then? Lol. Are you into car mechanics such as tv programs Pinp My Ride?
  • 66Mustang
    csno01 said:
    66Mustang said:
    csno01 said:
    66Mustang said:
    Thats good. I have heard driving can be therapeutic / enjoyable for some people.
    You would be happy driving an old banger then? Lol. Are you into car mechanics such as tv programs Pinp My Ride?
    Driving a car where you don't fret about every little scratch it gets can be quite liberating! With a new car, you have to be mindful of every potential cause of minor damage like overhanging hedges or branches or bumps in the road, whereas with a banger you can just drive and if it gets a ding or a scratch it doesn't matter!

No I'm not particularly into any car programs apart from Top Gear but that's more for the comedy value haha.

Do you drive? Or, have you driven in the past?
  • csno01
    Thats good mate. 
    I am unable to drive due to my sight problems. It took me ages to accept but I have managed to see past it now. I just think of all of the money I am saving. 
  • 66Mustang
    I’m sorry to hear that but yes you are quite right. Before I learnt to drive I had a lot more money to play with each month than I do now!!

Brightness