DWP Response — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP Response

Peter99
Peter99 Community member Posts: 65 Connected
Hooray, after many years of denial, DWP has now admitted they withheld evidence from the Tribunal in 2011 because they "felt" the documents are part of their fraud investigation and they did not have to disclose.  For clarity, the withheld evidence shows DWP had knowledge of my clients capital above-limit before paying continuing to pay benefits. Any chance of success in reopening the appeal out of time ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sorry I dont know the answer maybe worth contacting CAB or welfare rights 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

9 years is a long time ago and this definitely isn't for an internet forum. Expert advice is needed here. Start this here...https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Peter99
    Peter99 Community member Posts: 65 Connected
    @Username_removed
    Hi. Not a client but a friend. The matter went to the UT, who rightly directed the matter of set aside should be reheard. It was at this point DWP came clean about their failure to disclose after misleading the previous Tribunal. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.